Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate/Installaltion BRPplus

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We recenlty upgraded to SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5 and would like to activate BRFplus tool in the system. We have currently BRF rule in the dunning process but like to know the steps to activate BRFplus so that it can be used in dunning and other processes.

Also would like to know if there is any cost involved for use with existing FSCD and custom applications

Thank you

Govind Parmar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

BRFplus is part of the SAP Netweaver AS ABAP. There are no additional license fees when you use BRFplus.

The situation is different when you decide to use SAP Decision Service Management (DSM). As this is a separate add-on, additional licence fees occur

BR

Christian

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian for the reply.

So if we don't go for SAP Decision Service Management (DSM), can we still use BRFplus?

0 Kudos

Yes that is right. You can use BRFplus anyway. If you decide to switch to DSM at a later point in time that is no problem either.

BR

Christian

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

That's great!!

Do we have some documents that would help basis team to setup or activate BRPlus.

As of now when I execute FDT_WORKBENCH - BRFplus Workbench, I get a blank webpage. Basis team has activated all FDT* in SICF.  Are they missing some steps?

Below is the info on the web page.

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented  the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

0 Kudos

Do you have the right role assigned to your user?

See Understanding the User Interface - Business Rule Framework plus (BRFplus) - SAP Library for details

BR Christian

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Christian,

I tried with my basis team but no luck. Below is the error we are getting. Although service sap/public/bc/webdynpro/adobeChallenge has been activated in SICF.

500 SAP Internal Server Error

ERROR: ICF service node "/sap/public/bc/webdynpro/adobeChallenge/" is

not active (see SAP Note 517484) (termination: ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE)

0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Did you also take a look at the note 517484? If yes I would propose to open an OSS to SAP in order to let them sort out the issue as inho this is not an error/problem of BRFplus but an infrastructural SAP Basis problem in your system

BR

Christian

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian. We got some webdynpro service activated using SICF and got the job done of displaying the tool at least.

But when creating an application, the tool gives an error 'Object ID is invalid'. Is this something to do with authorization? I checked your another thread but did not help really.

0 Kudos

Hi,

this has nothing to do with authorization. I think you have to heck where the message is raised and debug it, to find out the reason for that error..

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind Parmar,

I have the same issue.  I have solved it activating the following core services into SICF

/sap/public/bc/icons

/sap/public/bc/icons_rtl

/sap/public/bc/its/mimes

/sap/public/bc/pictograms

/sap/public/bc/ur

/sap/public/bc/webdynpro/*

/sap/public/bc/webicons

/sap/public/icman

/sap/public/myssocntl

/sap/public/ping

/sap/bc/echo/*

/sap/bc/error/*

After that you can activtate FDT* or just /sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/fdt_wd_workbench.

I will never understand why SAP don-t put all steps into the installation guide for netweaver.

Hope help

Jose Maciel