cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM 'CACL_OBJECT_VALIDATION_MAINT' is not deleting charactoristics value of customer master in Idoc processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am processing inbound idoc where i want to delete existing charactoristics value of customer master(XD02) and inserting new value.

In customized function module of inbound idoc, I am using FM 'CACL_OBJECT_VALIDATION_MAINT' to delete and update new charactoristics.

Can anyone please guide me where i am not able to delete existing value where new values are getting append in the charactoristics.

This charactoristics setting tcode CT04 with multiple value range.

My requirement to delete this all values correspond to one charactoristics. and update whichever processed through idoc for this perticular charactoristics.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CT04 is the transaction to define characteristics.

Your function module is used to maintain the values to a classified object, here customer master.

You try your case in xd02 manually first to see if it is possible at all and get eventually the error messages more handy. in Xd02 choose from menu Extras > Classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need programing logic or correction. There is an inbound idoc which replace the current value with new values in charactoristics.

Here my requirement is to delete old value in case of multiple values. but when i processed idoc with my customized function module can only replace single value charactorics. and append in multiple value charactoristics.

I using FM 'CACL_OBJECT_VALIDATION_MAINT' in my customized function module

In internal table ' VALIDATION_MAINT ', I m assigning deletion indicator as "X" but it is not deleting the charactoristics value. Same time if i execute directly from SE37 with giving input it is deleting the values.

Can anyone tell me that is it not working because i m using this in IDOC processing?