cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 4.1 SP5 OLAP connection getting failed to HANA SPS09

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We already installed HANA database on the db server as MDC (multi-tenant database container) and want to connect BO 4.1 SP5 to HANA DB using OLAP connection but it is giving error (BO_CONN_ERROR) like failed to get connection.

We have followe SAP note 1779252

We dont have any firwall blocking this port as I am able to connect from HANA studio installed.

Also able to connect through IDT using JDBC driver to SAP HANA Database 1.0 .

BO server OS: Windows server 2012

HANA Database OS : Linux

HANA DB Version: HANA 1.0 Revision 93 (MDC)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello S. Das

It seems we have recently become aware of this limitation. The AOLAP connection to HANA asks for an instance number and it then connects to the HANA server on port "3<instance_number>15".

But in multi-tenant scenarios the port number changes.

However, I've just seen a related post on another thread from a colleague and it looks like there is a solution.

In the CMC edit the HANA connection and post fix the server name with the tenant port.

For example, in the "Server" textbox instead of "myhanaserver" you have "myhanaserver:30099;" where "30099" is your tenant port.

***Important... note the semicolon at the end***

Please feedback if that works for you.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

It is working with < servername>:30041;

bastian_wormuth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

how can you edit an OLAP connection in the CMC? I can only set security properties in the CMC. The only place I know to edit a connection is the IDT?

I face the same issue. the IDT always adds the 30015 port, but I have to set it to 30044.

Can you please advice?

Thanks & regards,

Bastian

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Bastian,

In the CMC choose the OLAP Connections page. Right click on the OLAP connection you want to edit and choose "Organize -> Edit".

Now you can edit the connection... change the server, logon details, cube, query etc.

Kind Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

brian_marier
Explorer
0 Kudos

Has anyone been able to get this to work with HANA/BIP SAML SSO? 

Using the technique above (<server>:tenant_port;), we can successfully create a BIP OLAP connection using a hardcoded ID and password.  However, using the same trick does not work using SSO as the connection authentication type.  Note that SAML SSO to the primary HANA tenant works fine (port 30015), but it does not work to a secondary tenant.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

I have the same issue with multi-tenant have you find a solution to setting sso olap connexion with SAML on MDC.

Thanks

j_vandersterren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you find a solution yet?

Regards,

Jos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jos,

These is a bug and SAP have send us a workaround solution.

it will be fixed  with sap bi 4.2 sp3

Regards,

A.TATAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tatab

Thank you for your information.

We are facing same issue...

Kindly please share the workaround solution which SAP provided.

We are using ...

HANA:Rev112.1 / MDC

BOBJ:4.1 SP7

Best Regards,

Yasuo