cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Connection - incoming E-mails marked as "OUTBOUND"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

we are currently facing an issue with the incoming emails that we received in Outlook and share them with CRM.

The problem is that the "incoming" emails are marked as "outbound" ones and we don't understand why.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

The Customizing settings are correctly set. The next screenshot shows the current settings:

Thanks for you help!

Rgs!

Osman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_sackmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Osman,

the determination whether inbound or outbound process type should be used is not depending of the folder where the mail is stored in outlook (e.g. inbox or send items).

Determination logic can be viewed in customization package, file business_logic.js, function get_mail_process_type_id.

Standard logic is based on the domain of the mail address of the sender and the domain of the mail address of the current user (note this mail address comes from crm server for the corresponding employee record).

As you can see in the function, the domains are compared, if they are different, mail is considered as inbound, in other cases it is considered as outbound.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Michael Sackmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

the domain of the e-mail address are different in our case but still they are classified as outbound.

Do we have to activate a service or anything additional in order that the classification can operate correctly?

Rgs,

Osman Bozdogan

michael_sackmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Osman,

no, service activation is not required. I assume that the CRM server does not return proper email address for the current user and therefore the comparion fails and outbound process type is used as default.

Please check email address of the current outlook user. You can do this in gateway client transaction executing follwoing get-request (note that you have to do this with the same user you are using when you do a logon to the backend from outlook):

/sap/opu/odata/CRMGWS/GROUPWARE_SYNC/EmployeeMainCollection?$filter=BelongingTo eq 'Myself'

This should return the employee data of the current user inlcuding email address. Please check if email address contains proper value. If it is empty, this is an indication that you have not maintained a business address for the corresponding employee in CRM backend. Business address is defined as address on the relation of the employee to the corresponding organizational unit (relationship category "Is Employee of".

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

what i did so far:

1. I set the tracing parameters as in the following figure:

2. We shared a new e-mail via the ShareBar in Outlook and synchronized the changes.

3. After the new dataset was sychronized successfully I entered the transaction /IWFND/TRACES

I just doubleclicked the marked row and as a result I got the next figure:

Again, the result of doubleclicking on the selected row is shown in the next figure:

4. My question here is, where do i see the employee data?

I assume that I'm not on the right track to investigate the correct information, right?

Michael, can you show me a way which transaction i have to enter and where exactly to click to get the data that is needed to evaluate, if the employee has the information that is needed to classify the inbound and outbound e-mails.

I really appreciate your help!

Best regards,

Osman Bozdogan

michael_sackmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check this by using gateway client transaction t-code = /IWFND/GW_CLIENT. You have to logon to gateway system and start the transaction. You can enter following URL:

/sap/opu/odata/CRMGWS/GROUPWARE_SYNC/EmployeeMainCollection?$filter=BelongingTo eq 'Myself'

On the field labeled with "Request URI".

The other parameters you should leave with their default values (method = GET, protocol = HTTP).

If you execute the request you should get an response shown as an XML file on the sap-gui.

Within the XML file you should the the properties of the employee record including email address.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

as I already assumed, it was a masterdata problem.

The problem that i yet don't understand is, that in every possible field in transaction "BP" where the e-mail can be populated there was a e-mail already there.

The Orgmodel also was correct so far.

Nevertheless when I checked the Employee record in the WEB-UI the field in the communication area was greyed out and empty.

I verified this szenario with another user that got the same authorizations but the communication area was editable for whatever reason it was. His masterdata in the GUI via the transaction "BP" was populated in the same way as the problematic one that I mentioned before. When I added the e-mail adress later on in the WEB-UI and started a new synchronisation and the inbound and outbound classification worked correctly.

BIG THANKS FOR THE TRANSACTION "/IWFND/GW_CLIENT" !!!

Michael, YOU ARE THE MAN!

Answers (0)