Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Filters or Report Filters In Information space

former_member360582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

How can I apply filters in my information space.

I know after creating we can select filters but just like in webi we hace query filters which when applied will show only that specific data.

I am using Universe built on top of database.

I can have predefined filters in that but if in that case if we require lot of filters then how can we manage.

Other approach i found is through create one more information space on top of excel and keeping only those records which we want to filter.

But we also have to take user id.

and then in main Information space e can personalize but then this will only apply filter that particular user.

This sometimes does not work.

Is there any other approach for filters before generating information space like query filter or similar.

Thanks and Regards

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gaurav,

Unfortunately with current design of explorer there is no other option except the ones you have mentioned above.

You can raise an enhancement request at www.ideas.sap.com and based on votes it may be taken into consideration in future release of explorer.

Regards,

Pranay Sharma

former_member360582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

Thanks for reply.

Is that can be possible by using personalisation.

Create one more information space and in that we just have the selected filter values.

The main or parent Information space uses the personalisation and filter facets by selecting values from the other information space.

But the problem here is we do have to enter user id because we have to mapped userids also.

Can this alternative be further taken...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Yes it is indeed possible by using personalization.Personalization is used to achieve functionality of row level security but you need to create user ids to map for that.

Regards,

Pranay

former_member360582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

Using Personalization,I created one more child information space on top of excel consiting of only filter values and in user,i kept one group.

These group I kept three user ids.

So when we logged on using these user ids ,the information space should give filtered data based on values which we kept in that child excel information space.

But I am getting error failed to creation personalization on the parent information space.

Can't retrieve the measures list. (PS 50003)

Failed to build the personalization filter for the exploration space { id: 4a766fd2-9002-45ff-a03f-d0c66711b998, name: Netsales TSS_Last Year_Copy, version: 2015-03-19_15.43.20.166 }.

But i guess it works for one user id if i keep in place of group.

Could u assist in these error or some anything i am missing.

Thanks

Regards

Gaurav.

Answers (0)