Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What skill set is required to be work on ISA / CRM WebChannel

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a Java consultant and SAP Portal consultant. Now I have to take up additional responsibility of handling ISA / CRM WebChannel.

My Java skill set include : 1) Core Java, Servlets, JSP, Struts frame work. However, I donot know creating web services.

I want to understand

1) The skill set required for ISA / CRM WebChannel

2) Level of difficulty

3) Approx. time it would take for me to cope up with things (assuming my Java skill is at 6 out of 10 and my brain is also 6 out of 10 )

And also, from career point of view,..will there be any value add for a portal consultant guy if he has knowledge of ISA / CRM WebChannel. And what job oppurtunities are there for ISA / CRM WebChannel.

Many questions posed by me but please answer

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sun,

Please first clarify that which of the flavor you are using. If it is old one ISA Web Shop which is based on Struts then your profile is totally fine. If you are with WCEM 3.0 which is based on JSF 2.0 then you should know JSF 2 as well to support.

As you asked from carrier's point of view, I would not say that it is latest but there is no harm and at least you will get the CRM flavor in your resume.

Thanks,

Hamendra

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hemandra Kumar.

Can I ask you couple of last questions.

1) Is it mandatory to have knowledge of WebServices for ISA ... be it latest version or previous version?

2) And also, can you please tell me if IPC also needs similar skill set which I have mentioned in my earlier post (Core Java, Servlets, JSP, Struts frame work) or something additional.

3) I got your point on ISA and what value add I can have as a portal consultant. So same does apply to IPC also ?

Please advice.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sun,

Please see mr response below in bold.

1) Is it mandatory to have knowledge of WebServices for ISA ... be it latest version or previous version?

There is no webservice used ISA. If you have any then it will be your bespoke one.

2) And also, can you please tell me if IPC also needs similar skill set which I have mentioned in my earlier post (Core Java, Servlets, JSP, Struts frame work) or something additional.

IPC needs only good core java skills.

3) I got your point on ISA and what value add I can have as a portal consultant. So same does apply to IPC also ?

Your core java skills will help in IPC.

Please let us know it you have any other query.

Thanks,

Hamendra

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hemandra.

But on the last question, what I meant was...

You said that ISA will not be of much help to a portal consultant from career perspective but it is good to have CRM flavor also in my resume.

So same thing applies to IPC as well?

To put it simple...will there be any job opportunities where portal consultant is required with IPC and ISA capabilities...thanks.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sun,

Plesae see below my response in bold

You said that ISA will not be of much help to a portal consultant from career perspective but it is good to have CRM flavor also in my resume.

I said it as ISA is not used much but it will always be good to have something new and by this you will learn CRM functional as well.

So same thing applies to IPC as well?

To put it simple...will there be any job opportunities where portal consultant is required with IPC and ISA capabilities...thanks.

Definintly it will add value to your resume

Thanks,

Hamendra

Answers (0)