cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDS Creation Error

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

When I created a report for one gen variant it was throwing me error message in report information system as NOT RELEVANT AND SYSTEM ERROR IN CG54 . Does anyone has any idea in what circumstances we get this issue . there is no log issue also to see what is the cause behind that one .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jagadeesh_gn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Please check System Error might have occured due to many reasons, few suggestions

a.Check if enough buffer is available for generation ( locking)

b.Check RFC call to WWI server

c.Check if there are unknown symbol types

d.Check status in the specfication

e.Check Value assignment header

Thanks

Jagadeesh

raphael_dasilva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

The error you are finding in CG50 may have more information in WWI monitor.

Generate the report again and check if it goes on error in CG50, if yes, go to WWI Monitor (CG5Z) and look for the report you generated. Double-click and there will be the generation log.

The error found here will provide you much more information, not really much , but at least more

Please let us know what you find.

Best regards,

Raphael

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

The log file there does not seem to have much details and not able to find the root cause of it .

Regards,

K G

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

I am sorry. There are to many reasons why such a problem could come up. "Strange" is only that you have the feeling that "DG" data might be the "issue". This I can not believe. Did you tried to use "reference" instead of "inheritance"? May be check:

I can only recommand on the top:

use two different specs. One e.g. with "DG" yes and a second one with "DG no" and try to generate report; result must ! be the same.

The "critical" topis is your remark: "When I am using particular gen variant for other specifications it is working " and this is the "worst" situation you can have

C.B:

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

any update on the issue? did you solve it?

As long as "create from template" works "create report" should work the same (from technicalpoint of view)

C.B:

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

"not relevsant" and "System error" can only happen in CG50 not in CG54.

System error indicates "issues" in SAP <=> WWI connection; Not relevanT: check SAP online help and this document:

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chris ,

You are right  in cg50 . SAP <=> WWI connection looks good . When I am using particular gen variant for other specifications it is working . Any idea where should I look for now ?

Regards,

Krishna

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

as mentioned: this is only mattzer "of seconds/milliseconds" in which SAP WWI connection might crash (or WWI processes) and you get "system error". This kind of error is coming up rarely (luckily). If you use different spec/gen var some seconds later etc. then in most cases it works.Please use same spec, gen var language combination and try to regenerate report. If you get another crash: in WWI.Ini you can"activate" logging. Do the same (generate the report) with loging and analyse the log file (pay attention: if the talk about "prod" system: any report generated get the log on WWI server. Any WWI server must be "activated" for logging; you should deactivate afterwards loging; loging needs lot of memory !!

I assume if you use "Create report from template" you do not get any kind of error?

C.B.

PS: this kind of error is really "frustrating" and can have so many reasons....

PPS: "generation possible" is a furher not very nice "Status"

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Create Report from template does not get any issue . can you guide me how to create log in wwi.ini file. The details in cg5z is not showing any details about the issue . may be I can try whatever you are saying and  get the log and analyse and see where the issue is .

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello christopher ,

Looks like the dangerous goods master data is creating issue for the msds generation . This DG data are inherited from dangerous goods specification . Only after removing now it is able to generate report . How can I correct the DG specification ( dangerous goods calssification data and resolve this further )

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

in most cases two options are used in MSDS/SDDS generation to populate the DG data for chapter 14:

1.) using a reference

2.) using inheritance

from WWI point of view: there is no difference and it should always work.

Can you show WWI code for section 14? Can you show data situation on spec?

The issue I have is:

Yes Create Report from template does not get any issue . can you guide me how to create log in wwi.ini file. The details in cg5z is not showing any details about the issue . may be I can try whatever you are saying and  get the log and analyse and see where the issue is .

=> there is no difference in how WWi should work between "Create report from template" and "create report". Both must work the same !

PLease check WWI cookbook; you will get details how you can get a "log" etc. Do you use "Status" management on spec level?

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

"Create report from template" and "Create report" mjust work the same independant of the data situation; Therefore I have some doubts in your explanation (reason why the report is not generated). Did you exchange "inheritance" by "reference"?

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

I assume that WWI version on client level and gen server level is the same. As mentioned: there should be no difference in how WWI "reacts" based on using "Create report from template" and "Create report"; There is only one "but". SAP is connected (in most cases) with more than one WWI server; Rarely sometimees there is a "issue" in this connection (either RFC side or on gen server etc.) And in such "rare" cases you will get the "System error" message.

There are two (Three?) "Status" in WWI Gen Server side  which are not "nice". One is "System Error", Second is "Generation possible"; I would assume that the new options in SAp EHS can help you to avoid these status. CG5Z is one option to get details; according to my experience this is only a "first" guess about the issue; How many WWI servers do you use?

C.B.

PS: may be check these thread to get some "on top" ideas:

PPS: did you execute a WWI upgrade/Uptade? did you execute SAP upgrade/upatde?