cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori Timesheet Approval App not showing in Launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Fiori experts and experienced users...

I have installed FIORI ERP APPLICATIONS X1 on a Central Hub configuration landscape.  The Timesheet Approval App is not showing up in the Launchpad as I thought it would.  Below I will describe the steps I took and then ask the question.

Below is the landscape SAP versioning for background purposes.

Front-End System

SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SP 08 (SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0 SP 09)

Back-End System

SAP ERP 6.0 Ehp 05 SP 06 (SAP NetWeaver 7.02 SP 09)

Step 01) I have Activated ICF Services for the Timesheet Approval App.

Step 02) OData Services Activated on the Front-End Server.

Step 03) - Created PFCG Role on Front-End and Assign Launchpad Catalogs and Groups.

- Added Start Authorizations for OData Services to Role on Front-End.

- Assigned Roles to Users

Step 04) Assigned OData Service Authorization to Users on the Back-End Server.

After doing all of that I launch the SAP Fiori Launchpad, and as you can see below, the Time Sheet Approval App seems to be missing.  I thought I should see it within the "Manager (HCM)" section.

Just a note, I altered the SAP provided role "SAP_HCM_BCR_MANAGER_X1" and assigned it to my user on accident at first.  When I noticed that ... I quickly removed the user assignment and tried my best to recover the role's original state by removing the Start Authorizations for OData Services and deleting the Authorization Profile that was generated for it.  Once done, the role seemed to look as it did prior to my accidental alteration.  I then used it to perform Step 03 above. 

Question 01) Does anyone have a clue as to why the Time Approval App would not show up after all the steps I have described above?  I followed the instructions below :

Back-End Server: Assign OData Service Authorization to Users - SAP Fiori for SAP Business Suite - SA...

Question 02) Do I need to configure some kind of Workflow on the Back-End to have the Application show up?

Question 03) Could this because my user is not a Manager?

I am really baffled by this issue.  Thanks ahead of time for any help you all can provide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bharanidharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please add this role (SAP_HCM_BCR_MANAGER_X1) to user who is a manager.

Now you should be able to see the Manager apps in the launchpad.

Regards,

Bharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turns out it was a browser issue.  Thanks

bharanidharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Good that your issue is resolved.

Please do post here the exact solution that solved the issue so that it will be helpful for others to solve their issues in future.

Regards,

Michael.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please flush your IE Cache if this happens first.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

If your user is not Manager and the Manager role is not assigned in Gateway system then you will not see Timesheet Approval.

Approval apps are for Manager only and the user needs to have the Manager BCR role in gateway system.

best Regards

Pankaj