cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOS Survey through e-mail does not reset answers for every user!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Guru’s

Currently we are sending a survey through an Automated Campaign by E-mail.

The Mail gets perfectly to every BP e-mail address in the segment, I used 5 different e-mail addresses to test my scenario, but I’m facing problems with the answers in the survey.  For example:

1. I try with USER 1 log in to access the survey, answer it, and save the answers.
  2. Then I log in with USER 2 and when I access the survey, it remains the answers of USER 1 and I would expect the survey to be reset because a different user is answering.

Is there any standard way to accomplish this requirement or did I miss any configuration?

If you could please kindly, advise!

Regards,

Sue Mak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sue

Are you shutting down your internet sessions in between launching each survey?

Try to complete the process in a manner as close to possible as that of the end users.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arden!

Thanks for the input!

Unfotunatelly I don't see any way to log out from my Internet Explorer screen session.

Wondering if I'm missing any configuration??'

Regards

Sue

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sue,

completing internet session should fix your issue.

Try the following:

- try open second link on completely different PC.

or

- copy-paste second link to a different browser or in incognito mode (e.g. if first one has been opened in IE, then for second try Firefox or Chrome)

or

- after filling in first survey close all browser windows then check in task manager if any processes exist of this browser. If there are any - stop them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrei!

I tried before and today again to open second link on a different PC still comes with the previous answers that User 1 selected before.

Although I have some questions:

1. When the mail form gets to my inbox and I click on the hyperlink that has the survey it is requesting me to log in (user and password) to access the survey, is this normal?

2. Is there any special parameters that I should maintain in Survey Attributes, if there is, could you please let me know which ones are?

If you could provide some information it would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sue

Is the Survey URL being generated unique per recipient?

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arden!

I checked on different PC's and different e-mail addresses as recipients and both have the same URL.

How could I accomplish to generate unique URL per recipient?

Could you please guide me?

Kindest Regards

Sue Mak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sue

Could I ask you to work through this best practice guide and verify you've got all of this covered off.

http://help.sap.com/bp_crm70/BBLibrary/Documentation/C22_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc#_Toc244054415

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arden!

I checked my configuration everything seems fine, but I regenerated URL Survey just to try and it seems is working now.

But still have my doubts regarding log in requesting when I try to Access to the survey from de e-mail, is this normal?

Every customer should have a User and Password to be able to answer the survey?

If you could please advice!

Regards

Sue

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sue,

check notes:

1848237 - Error on calling SICF service crm_svy_server

1869041 - SVY: Report to mark the surveys 'Publically Available'

2015133 - SVY: Default value for the checkbox 'Publically Available' for the newly creasted surveys

The main idea here: is to use flag Publicly available for the survey (see your last screenshot). And use CRM_SVY_PUBLIC service with a fixed technical user set in it. This way you won't be prompt to do a login each time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am facing an error when answer to a web survey which is CALLED_BY_PUBLIC_SERVICE, so I arrive to your post.

I have CRM 7.02 release and when I check my survey attributes I do not have the flag: publically available.

Is there any note or any function to activate it?

Thanks a lot.

Susana

former_member196553
Active Contributor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey Sue,

the solution for your issue should be documented in the following blog:

The blog may contain some useful information and known solutions for survey issues:

best regards,

Johannes