Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGE OF RENTAL OBJECT NUMBER - MASTER DATA

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Please find the following requirement which I am stuck and would require you all guys help to derive the feasibility of the same.

We are currently having RE-FX module and has an integration to PM module for the services to Rental Objects and CRM for call center application, hence you can consider for every Rental Object corresponding Functional Location will be created and delta should be created to CRM(automatically one is to one 1:1).

Now, we have created around 4000 Rental Objects and it's running in Production since 4 years and lots of Contracts and Posting also being made for the same.

Now, REQUIREMENT is as per government Norms and Rules we SHOULD change the Rental Object Number in the master data.

So, guys please help how I would make it as we have lots of integration and it should reflect the changes at all the places.

Also, I have attached the change which I am required of, please help me with this.

Regards,

Punith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The RO number is standard field and it is NON Editable at all. As a best practice, it is NOT ADVISABLE  at all to change it for any damn reason.

However if you have any specific BU requirement, then please don't change this data as it is highly integrated data within REFX,FI and in your case with PM and CRM.

The only solution for your requirement is:

Create a Customized field in RO screen (say New RO Number) with the number range assigned from customized Number object in case of Internal Range assignment or a free text with some validation for External Range assignment.

This Customized field in RO will be appended in standard RO table (VIBDRO) and then your logic of deriving the RO Number from standard RO number needs to be changed wherever you are using in order to display it.

This is the only solution for which you can use for your requirement.

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Siddharth

rajnikant_verma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Punith,

I just want to inform you that the number range of rental object can not change after the creation of it. If you are forcefully trying to change it in the back end table then your interface can impacted and it is not suggestible also.

Better you create a customized filled or used any existing empty filled to capture new object no as per your government rule. You can create a simple upload program to update the rental object no. for your 4000 rental object together.

Thanks

Rajnikant Verma