cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot launch extended app from Launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I extended one standard FIORI application 'My Paystubs'.

The process followed was:

1) Downloading the standard application project from ABAP repository.

2) Uploading the standard project into eclipse.

3) Creating extension project in eclipse and mentioning the parent app name in component.js file of extended project.

4) Uploaded the extended application project in ABAP repository without any errors. Checked the BSP application and it looked fine.

5) Did the necessary configurations in tcode LPD_CUST.

6) Created semantic object.

6) Created catalog and group in the launchpad.

7) Created the necessary roles and assigned to the user.

Now the application tile is visible in the laucnhpad home screen.

When I try to open the application, I get error message saying 'Could not start the app due to configuration problem'.

When I checked the chrome browser console, I got the below errors:

GET Https://......../default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/zhcm_ps_mon/Component-preload.js 404 (Not found)

GET Https://../default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/zhcm_ps_mon/Component.js 404 (Not found)

Error - found in negative cache: 'hcm/emp/payslip/ZHCM_PS_MON/Component.js' from /default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/zhcm_ps_mon/Component.js: 404 - Not found

Could not start the app due to a configuration problem -

I have used the similar approach for my earlier client, for one other application and it worked perfectly.

Please suggest where the things are going wrong.

One more information, when I checked the service of this extended application in tcode SICF, under the path default_host > sap > bc > ui5_ui5 > ZHCM_PS_MON, and tested this service as standalone, the application opened perfectly in the browser without any errors.

Best Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the error says Component.js is not found

check in LPD_CUST, if you have corrrectly mentioned the component name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Thanks for the reply.

The issue was within the LPD_CUST, but in the URL details.

I am closing the thread.

Best Regards,

Rahul

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Could you share what was old URL and new URL in the LPD_CUST?

Please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.  See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Actually in the URL of the application, SICF service name was mis-spelled and was not matching with SICF, so error was coming.

Best Regards,

Rahul Malani

Answers (0)