cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job gets cancelled with Generate Model/Generate Target Group in the Flex-UI's Segment Builder

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

In campaign flex ui, there is a tool bar button Generate Model . It pop ups the fields to enter the Job Name and schedule time. It is leading a job to start  & getting cancelled finally.

This same pop-up comes when right click on Target Group icon, and clicks on option 'Generate Target Group'. here also fields are there to enter the Job Name and schedule time. It is also leading a job to start  & getting cancelled finally.

If I save the Target group and go back to campaign main page and START the campaign execution with Job Name and Schedule Time. Here Job is getting created and ending with Finished status.

Why and What is use of other options(Generate Model/Generate Target Group) available in the Segment Builder's Flex-UI. Can you please help here.

Regards

Hamid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid

Have checked the job log via SM37. You may find the reason for the cancellation there.

This should work as standard.

Regards

Arden

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Arden. I checked in SM37. Please find the Message text.

Job started

Step 001 started (program CRM_MKTTG_GENERATE_SEG_MODEL, variant &0000000000009, user ID XXXX

ID for segmentation model could not be created

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

I dont find the any root cause with this message, do you?

Regards

Hamid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid.

I maybe missing something. But before submitting your Model create. Have you saved the model with a name?

You should be prompted by the system anyway....if not...that should be raised as an Incident with SAP

Regards

Arden

AnupDDesai
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid,

I would suggest you to double click on the exception error message in SM37 for cancelled job and get the details. Also in parallel you can goto ST22 transaction and check for exceptions during job cancellation time (as per end time in SM37).

Hope it helps.

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I have saved the Model. ST22 does't capture any details regarding cancelled Job.

Regards

Hamid

AnupDDesai
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid,

Can you attach screenshots of Job cancelled and double click on exception you get the details of same.

Regards,

Anup

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i have fixed the issue. Now the Job is not getting cancelled. Job ends with status 'Finished'. However this Job does not create any related transaction. What is use of this JOB( which Schedules from Segment Builder) exactly.

When I schedule Job from Campaign main page , related transactions gets created. But when a Job is scheduled from Segment Molder, a Job gets created and successfully end with status 'Finished' .

What is the difference between these two Job Schedule.

Regards

Hamid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid

This Job just builds the Target Group of Business Partners.

Keep in mind that some Target Groups may have 100,000's of Business Partners in it, from a system processing point of view it makes sense to schedule it. Another scenario is that you may want to schedule the build of the Target Group on a recurring basis (Example Daily) for a recurring campaign.

The action of attaching the generated Target Group to a Campaign, and then running the Campaign will result in the Transaction being created.

Hope this helps

Arden

former_member211469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden

Segment modeler Job is the extra option provide in Flex-UI when compared to Java applet based Segment modeler. However this Segment modeler Finished Job does nothing.  As pet my  observation ,without running the  Segment modeler Job , Campaign main page Job generates the related truncation. Hence Segment modeler Job seems to be not mandatory to schedule the Campaign Main page Job.

Regards

Hamid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamid

Regardless of Flex UI vs Java Segment Builder the end result is pretty similar.

The Segmentation Model is made up of Profile Sets / Profiles and Target Groups. What the running of the Segmentation Model does is rebuild all of these objects within the Segmentation Model.

So if you run the Segmentation Model build now...then check your results.

Then makes changes to Business Partners that you know will result in an adjustment to the counts with the Segmentation Model. Then run the Segmentation Model Build again.

You should then find the values are different.

Regards

Arden