Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECM - what's already shipped?

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm looking at documentation (Configuring the ECM Infrastructure (ECMI) - Configuring Composition Environment Platform - SAP Libra...) about ECM Infrastructure on Netweaver Java stack.

Still there's something unclear to me:

Is ECM a real SAP Product or just a standard (like CMIS)?

Does the ECMI on NW Java involve some actual physical storage for files or is it just the adapter/connector to a third-party solution?

Thanks, Vincenzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECMI is a basic component of the Netweaver stack. It provides a default store which puts metadata into the System database and the content of the files either into the DB as well or directly onto disk. ECMI is pluggable in the way that you can code connectors to attach other systems and integrate them into ECMI.

It does however not provide UIs.

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Dieter.

Could you name which commercial (SAP and non-SAP) products could be hooked up into the ECMI?

I guess xECM by Open Text and any solution compliant with CMIS

Do you have any other example?

Thanks

Vincenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> ECMI is pluggable in the way that you can code connectors to attach other systems

I'm not aware of commercial available connectors. ECMI just allows to code connectors and thus plugin whatever you want at the price of developing said connector on your own.

former_member190457
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Dieter for the useful info.

Also, are you aware of any OData/ReST/HTTP api published by ECM that could be used e.g. by a UI5 web application?

Thanks, regards

Vincenzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECMI supports WebDAV, that is essentially a REST style API and should be consumable by HTML apps.

Answers (0)