SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equivalency Determination: Internal modules are not saved to HRP1724 (CS) with PIQED transaction

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have done some equivalency releases via PIQED transaction. However I noticed that not a single one internal module (SM - internal work) is saved to HRP1724 for student's study object (CS). I checked the input data, I saw there's only program type for us to select given fields, but not the student's registered program(s) itself. Probably this is why all those intermal modules are not showing up on HRP1724.

I'm working on a form which I need student's academic work based on their programs (including their transferred modules). Is there any way I can get those internal modules saved to HRP1724 for student's related study object? So I can also list those modules when I use functions (HRIQ_AW_ACWORK_GET_RFC etc) for student's academic work based on their registered program(s)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Hakan;

My collegian from the SLcM OSS support team (Naveen R) suggested the following:

There is some custom settings available in the system which will allow the system to save the transferred bookings from ED with the context as program of study for the student.

The settings are as mentioned below:

1. Using Transaction SM30 open the maintenance view 'V_T7PIQSWITCHVAL'.

2. Search for the Group ED.

3. For the Group ED and Setting TRANSCONTX, maintain the value as XX or SC for Mode for Transferred Work Context.

These contexts are similar to the one used for normal Module booking.

PT- Program Type

SC- Program of Study

XX- Program Type or Program of Study or both

In your system may be this value is blank or may some value is filled.

By making these settings, the system will allow the option of maintaining the program of study for the internal work assigned to the student. For this the main criteria is that the student has to have a registration record to a program of study before performing the ED. With this there will be option to select the program of study for which the student is registered.

Once the ED is released, then the internal academic work will be transferred to the student and the corresponding context will be saved for this student in the table HRP1724.

I would suggest you to use these settings and transfer the work for a student by selecting the required program of study while performing the Equivalency Determination for this student.

Kind regards

Rob/Naveen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Hakan;

My collegian from the SLcM OSS support team (Naveen R) suggested the following:

There is some custom settings available in the system which will allow the system to save the transferred bookings from ED with the context as program of study for the student.

The settings are as mentioned below:

1. Using Transaction SM30 open the maintenance view 'V_T7PIQSWITCHVAL'.

2. Search for the Group ED.

3. For the Group ED and Setting TRANSCONTX, maintain the value as XX or SC for Mode for Transferred Work Context.

These contexts are similar to the one used for normal Module booking.

PT- Program Type

SC- Program of Study

XX- Program Type or Program of Study or both

In your system may be this value is blank or may some value is filled.

By making these settings, the system will allow the option of maintaining the program of study for the internal work assigned to the student. For this the main criteria is that the student has to have a registration record to a program of study before performing the ED. With this there will be option to select the program of study for which the student is registered.

Once the ED is released, then the internal academic work will be transferred to the student and the corresponding context will be saved for this student in the table HRP1724.

I would suggest you to use these settings and transfer the work for a student by selecting the required program of study while performing the Equivalency Determination for this student.

Kind regards

Rob/Naveen

hakan_kose
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I followed the instructions in the morning and did some tests.

I'm happy to announce that this worked well.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,