Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2lis_11_vaitm custom objects delta

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

2lis_11_vaitm has been enhanced by few Z fields.

Extract structure is enhanced using an append structure and the fields are added to the data source.

Code has been written in BADI to fill up these fields.

The fields are getting populated but any change only to these Z fields is not captured in the delta.

I have gone through several threads and articles for this topic on forums and market place

I have the following questions

1. Does table TMCEXCFS, with table name MC11VA0ITM and field status A, give only the fields which are a part of the standard extractor which is delta capable. Any change to any of these fields would trigger an automatic delta

2. if the field were appended to the communication structure instead of extract structure, then would it be delta capable or still code needs to be written using "X" and "Y" tables

3. if any of  fields of the original extract structure change, when Z fields change then can we pick up the delta?

is there any other options to get it, without involving heavy coding

Thanks and appreciate your time for answering

Ed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a very common problem with SAP standard extractor.

Please help me to understand the issue more closely.

based on your question it can be understandable that those fields are not part of VBAP or VBEP table..

please let us know how this fields are getting populated.

Because you have to solve this issue by creating generic extractor for those fields.

Or if you are using BI 7.3 or higher version you can solve this by using ODP.

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anindya for your reply.

Some of these fields are "characteristic values" in the SAP contract and its populated in the badi using variant configuration function module, " VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION "

which gets the data correctly in the initial pull, but does not capture delta when only these fields are changed and none of contracts fields which are a part of standard extractor change.

Fields are "delivery method," "auto renew" etc.

We are on 7.3, I was reading about ODP after you mentioned it. Does it update results at runtime of the reports? wont it effect performance? We are not on HANA

Also when  you mentioned about generic data source, does it mean a full load every time, because the function module that is used retrieves information about a contract and a line item in one run.

Guess that effects performance, but seems to be no choice left out.

Thanks

Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

the fields you will get through " VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION " are mostly master data. belongs to MARA and MARC table. And there is no direct connection with your Sales order.

So I think it is better to bring those fields in master data and report them as Nav. attribute.

I think you can try in this way.

Best regs,

Anindya.

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anindya for your reply,

Though the function module gets master data like users, status, but these are related to transaction data and it could be changed independently in a contract in ECC. So the changes need to be captured.

I am still working and looking for options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If those are coming from function module " VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION " than tables are CABN, CABNT (Description), CAWN & CAWNT (Description) that hold the classification characteristics. Easiest way to bring those fields into BW creating data source in ECC using tcode CTBW and while creating the DS you have mention basis dats source as a 2LIS_11_VAITM.Let me kno wif you need any further more details.

Thanks

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Madhavi Rao.

Is there any document on creating a data source based on variant configuration fields.

Is it delta capable.

Following is the scenario

2lis_11_vaitm gets delta's records everyday. May be in the bw transformation we can look up for fields of the variant configuration, and fill it up at the cube level and show in the report.

Now any change to the variant config only, will not trigger a delta to "vaitm". So those records will still show old values.

Or we need to integrate both the flows at report level.

Thanks

Ed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

Below link is going to be use full  to create classification of master data using Tcode-CTBW and after creating the classification of data source load the data into the DSO .

This data source is a delta capable.

One disadvantage of this data source is you can’t extract multiple values .

Before creating the data source you have to check these 2 notes:350296 and 535370.

No need of lookup just in the info set you can join 2lis_11vaitm and new DSO.

http://affine.co.uk/cms/uploads/How_to_Extract_Classification_Data_into_BW.pdf

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28359

Do let me know in case of questions/concerns.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mohd_abdullah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The below article address the excat scenario as yours ..

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/How-to+enhance+LO-Cockpit+DataSources+with+delta-relevant+fi...

Hope this helps.

Regards.

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohammad.

I have gone through this document earlier

The current code for updating these Z fields has been written as class BADI,

Can the code mentioned in the document if written in BADI work good instead of writing again in

EXIT_SAPLMCS1_002.

Will it take care of delta changes.