cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using "Cost Proportional" method for Progress Analysis. When i am executing the progress analysis (CNE1) for a project, system is adding the planned cost of Production orders into BCWS, which are created with reference to project . Because of which the BCWS value is showing more than the Planned Cost Sch 000 value in CNE5 report.

So please let me know is this a standard behavior of system?

If Yes, please let me know is there any way to exclude these planned values of production orders from Progress Analysis calculation.

Thanks & Regards,

Rao.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In transaction CNE1, try to Uncheck the "With Orders" options and retest the results.

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked as suggested by you, but no use, still i am getting the same result.

Thanks & Regards,

Rao.

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello K RAO

Sap offers a modification to seclude Settlements ?  SAP Note 178158

Perhaps this may help ?

Ger  

0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

First of all, to use "cost proportional method" you need to perform planning either one of the following way(period based) - 1. Detailed Planning . 2. Network costing ....otherwise in any other case of cost planning you will get data inconsistencies.

In no case BCWS(unless config.. is proper) will be greater than overall cost(all relevant order whether you include them in planning or not)  because it is calculated as portion of the latter. Please add one more column in CNE5 report ... Order cost sch 000. And let us know is BCWS is still greater than that or not.

As stated in your post, BCWS > Project Plan cost...it means some of the order category are excluded in planning the project cost . In your case, production order might not be considered in planning so under OPSV , you please check the box as per order category to include pro. order in planned cost.

Remember , tweaking the line item under OPSV will change Project Info reporting system(cost, revenuse,payment reports) and to get impact of this change you need to run re-build project info database. Run CJEN.

If you still get BCWS > plan cost, check "EV basis" under  progress version  customization is set to cost or budget. If not cost/annual ..set it to the same.

I  hope this will solve the purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Thanks for your reply and explanation.

I am using Network costing and i have checked the cloumn values of BCWS and Order cost Sch 000 in report CNE5 report and found that the value of BCWS> Order cost sch 000.

In OPSV settings, i have not included the planned costs of Prod.Order, because i am planning all the values in project against network activity. If i say consider planned values of Prod.Order then my planned values will become wrong.

Also i am using EV basis as Cost Plan (annula).

So please help me in this case how to correct the BCWS values in CNE5.

Regards,

Rao.

0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

We can resolve this issue comparatively in shorter period of time if you attach snapshot of CNE5 report  columns -BCWS/Proj sch/Order sch/Project Object by codes only - if you are comfortable.

OR

Before we can make further comment please clarify following points first,

1. Is BCWS higher for every objects or few ones? At what object( wbs /network header/activity) and level you are getting BCWS higher than any of the following .a Proj sch 000 . b.Order sch 000?

2. Is network header assigned or activity assigned?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Please find the attached screen shots as required by you.

Thanks & Regards,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Please help me further on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please help me on this issue...

Thanks & Regards,

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

With reference to screenshot given, progress calculation are calculated correctly as per config. But your concern for value of production order is explained in note no.- 189230 wherein under 'Non-appended orders', it is mentioned that no-append logic is applicable in calculating progress values.

Please note that progress values are calculated based on accumulated cost on non appended orders in network costing and get rolled up to next higher level irrespective of values considered in project plan column or not.

Waiting for your feedback.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if plan is not adding by project progress report then please check OPSV whether indicator is set for order category 20 if using network.

regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rao ,

Remove check box for some order categary in OPSV example 10

regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your replies.

Please let me know which check box i need to remove.

Regards,

Rao.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if production order cost is adding to planning cost then remove category 30 if don't want to add those cost to planning cost then need to remove that indicator from 30 category,

Regards,
Sanjeev

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on your order category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case i am having the issue with order cat.10.

But there are two indicators in OPSV. So please let me know, which indicator i need to select or deselect.

Also please let me know the impact of changing those.

Regards,

Rao.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

You can press F1 on each of those and read the Help information.

I would assume you need to deselect the first flag.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

It is maintained like that only, even then i am facing  the same issue.

Please help me futher.

If i delete the entry of that order Cat. 10 from OPSV, then what is the impact?

Please tell me.

Regards,

Rao.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

By just changing customizing you do not impact any existing data in the system.

Please try to re-run costing to update planned cost roll-up from your orders.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

From the starting it self, the setting is like that. I have not modified any config now.

I am facing this issue in CNE5 (BCWS) only not in planned cost.

Regards,

Rao.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, then I think it was my misunderstanding. So, your project planned cost does not include the planned cost from production orders, but it is included for the Progress Analysis?

I have no system access at the moment to simulate it, so it will take some time to look up.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Yes,  i think now you are understand my issue correctly.

Please check whenevr you have system access and help me for this issue.

Regards,

Rao.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Please check the OPSV settings for respective order category, I guess 04 or 10.

Thank you,

Paulo