Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Learning Class - Terribly Slow Response Time

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to take BOW315 - Web Intelligence - Report Design I, which is an E-Learning class. Most of the pages have embedded Flash on them, and these pages are taking literally one to two minutes to load, usually for a video that runs for 30-seconds or less.

I've contacted SAP, and they say everything looks fine on their end. I've had our network and security admins looking into it, and they see nothing wrong on our end. We've tried numerous PCs / connections here, always with the same result. I've also tried running it from home and I have the same issue.

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit on a i5-3570 3.4GHz processor with 8GB ram. I'm using IE 11 and Flash 16.0.0.305 32-bit.

The System Capability Sniffer says I'm "accessing this page with a browser or system that meets most of the minimum specifications for this course. Continuing with this course is possible, however, you may experience poor performance or the inability to print certain reference materials." It does not specify anything about any issues. The only thing I can see is it says a 1536x864 screen resolution is required. I'm running 1920x1080. 1536 isn't even a choice on my pc.

SpeedTest.net is showing download speeds of 65 Mbps and upload speeds of 78 Mbps, so that should not be an issue.

Has anyone experienced similar issues, or have any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this? Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?  I am having the exact same problem here in Calgary.  Tried a Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 machine, three different browsers and two different networks.  I have an open ticket on this, but haven't been given a solution yet.  I am trying to take SAP01e- SAP Overview.  Have already spent many hours troubleshooting.  Any help appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP doesn't seem to have a fix for this.  I have had a ticket open for six weeks.  The "fix" they offered was to give me a refund on the course or to extend the expiry.  This is very disappointing.

Anyone else out there have a better experience?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Brian,

Unfortunately, no better experience here.  I had our network guys check out my work computer, I tried my home computer, early morning hours, late evening hours and no change.  I gave up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No joy on my end.  In addition to the performance issue, most of the demos don't work and the system doesn't track my progress. 

I have to move on and have accepted a refund of my course fees.  There is a lot of free information out there that one can read, although it's generally not in course format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

I had the same problems for SAP's e-learnings when using my company network. Although it worked well for me at home.

SAP however has said that it's possible that the company's security is on the high side and disrupts the flow of data packets from their content server to your computer.

Your IT support should add the following content player IP addresses to the firewall exceptions using port 443.

service.contentplayer.sap.com/service.contentplayer.gtm.sap.com (load-balancer) 169.145.6.109 redirects to:

• apjservice.cp.sap.com 169.145.229.109
  • usaservice.cp.sap.com 169.145.6.109
  • emeaservice.sp.sap.com 155.56.74.109

Normally this should allow uninterrupted flow to the content server.

I haven't tried it out myself since the e-learning works for me at home so I just did it from there, but I hope this solves your problem!

Regards,

Sam

LeeW
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Same issues here. I took some of my eLearning back last Dec and Jan with no issues but now taking HA300 the last two days and have 1 to 2 minutes loading any slide with audio. Pure text summary pages seem to load fast. This is impossible to maintain a train of thought with 2 minute breaks watching a progress bar between slides.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any resolution to the E-learning response times?  My situation is the same as mentioned above.  Checked my internet settings, SAP says no problem on their end but a 28 minute video takes 2+ hours to load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have similar problem today.

Here is Taiwan and I'm reading HA200_EN_Col99 course. One online pdf took me 20 mins to reach 1/3 progress. My home network has 62.18Mbps download bandwidth (tested with speedtest).

Since the first time I used learning hub, I noticed the long response time. You can finally get the page, but comparing with "common" web site, it is really not so fast. You always see some spinning circle hanging there.

SAP's web sites are usually slower than other modern sites (at least I feel like this), hope SAP can improve this. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm that I am likewise having the same problems discussed here.  As with Jeff, I have all necessary requirements, along with a stable,fast internet speed.  I also have tried multiple locations (home/office), and found speeds to be very slow at either place.

For example, I have been waiting for a page to load for roughly 10 minutes -- enough time for me to search google for those experiencing the same problem, finding this post, register for the community, and post this message.

...and still waiting for the training page to open.

I am currently working on a BODS15 SBO Data Integration 4.0 training course.

Thoughts?

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have any insight into this issue? I only have a limited time to take this class, and until this issue is resolved that is not possible.

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only solution SAP has been able to offer me so far is a refund on my course fees.  Alternately, they will extend the expiry date so that I have more time to finish the course given the glacial performance.  Not a very satisfying solution, but better than nothing.

former_member51282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

sorry to hear about your issues. Can you please clarify if you are accessing this e-learning course as an SAP Learning Hub subscriber or just the single course via training.sap.com?

I can then verify with the corresponding technical teams.

Thanks,

Arnold

former_member238607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

I am taking this class as a single course via training sap.com. This is my first e-learning course (it is the first one our company has tried), all of my others have been virtual or class room.

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Any insights from SAP on this?  I've had a ticket open for six weeks now and no joy.  The only fix SAP offered me was a refund on my course fees given that the e-learning site is essentially down with no resolution in sight.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

This an annoying development, since 3 days ago I am trying to access the HA100E elearning course, a prerequisite for HA300 (which starts this monday) and it is impossibly slow, so taking the class is bound to take forever.

What can I do to solve this problem?