cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label print after TO confirmation

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have specific requirment and wonder if there is a standard way to trigger labels after TO is confirmed? Requirement is that we validate SH to from a custom table on staging. If SH matches then we print lable otherwise not.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

TO is for HU Picking against an outbound delivery via RF. TO is created with LT03 and confirmed with LM06. When I confirm the TO I need  a HU label to be printed. I want to use standard output with via WM or NACE. Custom table is just for Ship to validation and code be added in standard print program .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is possible with standard configuration using access sequence 0002 (ship-to party/packaging material) set the output to trigger immediate so it will print when the HU is saved to the delivery. Then you can get a label for the specific packaging material you want it printed for. Even though its technically possible without custom coding you will still need to review the available outputs to see if they are acceptable, review the process of maintaining the Ship-to party numbers for each customer that you want the labels printed for, and there is additional config like maintaining the default printer and so on.

If you need the system to access some custom table to check for SH party names then obviously custom coding will be required....standard functionality will allow you to maintain a list of SH party numbers to trigger the output for without any custom table(s).

0 Kudos

Jacob, thanks for response. Lets make it simple. What set up is needed in transaction OMNU to get printing from tcode LT12 [TO confirmation] ?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per your thread "When I confirm the TO I need  a HU label to be printed."  in warehouse the HU becomes Storage unit and when you do picking in the transfer order it is Storage unit which after confirmation get transfered to delivery as HU (in case of full pallet picking & based on configuration) OMNU is helpful for Storage unit print and not Handling unit.

If you want to take the printout of  HU Label then you need to setup the output type in NACE (in standard Application type V6 is for Handling unit  here you can check whether any of the standard output type is meeting your requirement or not) with my implementation experience we have always created a Custom form and custom output type as content on the standard Output type was not meeting the business requirement.

Hope this will help

0 Kudos

Hi Manish, You are correct that HU is SU in WM. How can I set up OMNU to trigger print  automatically when I confirm Pick TO [SU] with LT12 ? I need a SU label at TO confirmation with standard SAP. I have set up SU label print at TO creation using print codes in past. Thanks.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard we have a separate transaction LT31 to print the SU label you need to use that to take the printout There is no standard setting where it can trigger the auto SU label printing upon TO confirmation.

Have a look on the label printing section in the below mentioned link

Print Transfer Orders and Labels - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you mean by SH

is that Shipment if yes then i don't think any standard SAP functionality to perform that check hence i believe you need to go for custom

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Yazmin is referring to partner function "SH" ship-to party Manish. If that's the case I believe its possible to print based on a select ship to customer numbers (NACE entries) but it really depends on what output type and other details,

We need better details please Yazmin

Where is this output coming from after TO confirmation? (TO, HU, Delivery, Shipment)?

Is this a custom output type if not what output is it?

Is the requirement to print or not based on an existing custom table or are you just mentioning custom table as a possible way to access a list of SH partners that you want to print the output for?

Please provide as many details as possible to get the best answer to your query.

Kind regards