cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Media Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'd like to know what are the pre requisites to successfully complete a Payment Media Run.

Upon executing / releasing a Payment Proposal from a "Payment Run" in the Payables WC, the relevant item is set to "Ready For Transfer" in the Payment Monitor.

I understand we could manually create a Remittance Advise and a Payment File [to be sent to the bank] and then manually "Set to in Transfer" from the Payment Monitor itself

OR

we could use the "Payment Media Run" in Payment Management WC to do all of the above in one go.

What I would like to understand is what are the pre requisites [any config activities]

1) For the creation of the Remittance Advise

2) For the creation of the Bank Payment File

Thanks

Puru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Puru,

Please see the thread :

First of all, Lets see what Payment run and payment Media run does and difference between them.

Payment run : This will propose the payments for the open items based on the due date , Total Balance of the business partner.

Payment media run will determine the payment for which system has to generate the files.

Payment media run will check for the below details in order to generate the file.

1) Payment should be in status : "Ready for transfer"

2) Payment file format should match with the file format entered as parameter (Which is mandatory field for the payment run).

So Payment Media run will not create any payments but it will only process the payments and generate the file.

To answer your question

1) For the creation of the Remittance Advise

A : In the master data of the business partner,Under the Financial data, Remittance Advice required checkbox should be ticked. Please see the screenshot for the same below.

2) For the creation of the Bank Payment File

A : for the Bank transfers, Payment method , Check business configuration activity : Outgoing Bank Transfers

which will determine the Payment Medium format.

You will also need to set up the payment Medium format in the bank master data. You will find this under the Payment formats tab of the Bank.

Please check this and let me know if you need any further details. Close this thread if this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

I've checked the business configuration activity for outgoing bank transfers and I am happy with the AU BECS Domestic Payment - Payment Method.

The setting in the bank master data is complete as well.

Still cant seem to pick up the item in the payment media run.

Thanks

Puru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

Can you provide with screenshot please.

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Puru

First thing, I would do here is to check the Payment medium Format determined in the outgoing bank transfer you expect to be picked up in the payment media run.The payment medium format should match the format selected in the payment media run.  This is to ensure the settings maintained in the Business Configuration was working as expected.You can refer to the Outgoing bank transfer screenshot from harshal to check the payment medium format.

If the payment format is same as of Payment Media run and is in the status Ready for Transfer, then payment should be picked up in the payment media run. Also make sure that the posting date of the payment is in range selected in the payment media run.

Hope this resolves your issue.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Puru,

As Parveen mentioned, Please check Payment method format determined in the outgoing payment.

Same format should be used in the selection parameters of the payment Media run.

Payment media run will determine the payment for which system has to generate the files.

1) Payment should be in status : "Ready for transfer"

2) Payment file format should match with the file format entered as parameter (Which is mandatory field for the payment run)

If the payment medium format in the payment and payment media run is same (i.e what is required) then i assume that the payment not picked for the file generation because of the selection Parameters.

Check the selection parameters of the payment media run with the payment that should be picked up in the payment run.

Regards,

Harshal

0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

as Harshal mentioned: go on on the outgoing payment and check the status (= ready for transfer), the payment method, the payer and payee information. If these data are correct, execute the action "create payment file" for the bank transfer. Is the file created?

If yes, cancel the file, the payment is now again "ready for transfer".

Now enter the information from the outgoing payment in the payment run and execute the file. You should see the file.

If you have errors, please share some screenshots of the error.

Regards

Marlene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

Cheers

Puru

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Puru

You need to configure the payment method and payment format in the Bank Master data. Liquidity Management-Master Data -My Banks. The outgoing payments should be created accordingly.

Then create the payment media run for format configured in the Bank master data. The Payment file should be generated and payments should be set to In transfer.

Kindly revert back in case you have any issues.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

Pre requisiste is that the payment transactions should be ready for transfer inorder to enable the payment media run to pick this data, so that these runs can generate payment media for bank transfers, checks, direct debits etc.,

Since payment media runs create output file based on the payment and payment format

Make sure Payment file formats are configured for your bank & its relevant payment method.

You can also refer to Case document < 1999119 > which you can check in advance before you exectute it.

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma