cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print many lists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

In our company users usually print 2-15 lists, but there is one unit, users whose monthly print run of 5,000 sheets. At this point, other users can not print anything. Please tell me how to solve this problem? Can be divided those who print a large number of sheets and those who print less?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Albert,

are the users printing to the Frontend (with Access Method G or F)?

The reason I am asking this is that in the case of Frontend printing a profile parameter limits how many spool wokrprocesses may be used for Frontend processing.

If the parameter rdisp/wp_no_spo_Fro_max is set to 1, that means that only one workprocess will process Frontend spools. If this is processing a spool with 5000 pages, all other spools will have to wait - and the other spool workprocesses won't be used.

So, the solution would be to increase the value of parameter rdisp/wp_no_spo_Fro_max (maximum is the value of rdisp/wp_no_spo).

Also, please note that Frontend printing is not designed for huge volume printing (like 5000 pages), because the connection to the frontend is not always stable. Instead Access Methods C or L should be used, which are local Access Methods (and therefore they are more stable).

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laszlo,

Many thanks for your answer! Our users use the Print method G.

The value of the parameter rdisp/wp_no_spo_Fro_max is set to 1. Do you think that if i set to 5 for this parameter, it will be enough? Moreover, users from business unit who print greater than 5000 sheets report problems with numbering and mapping symbols on some sheets.

I will try to set up the printer with the method of C or L and check it out. I will report you!

BR, Albert

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Albert,

if rdisp/wp_no_spo_Fro_max will be set to 5, that will mean that parallel 5 Spool Workprocesses may work on Frontend Spool Requests (provided that at least 5 Spool Workprocesses exist).

So it can solve the problem that while one SP WP is busy with 5000 pages, four other SP WPs are still awailable for Frontend processing.

Also: what problem has been reported by business? Is the numbering off on some pages? What kind of symbols are missing?

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

With a parameter i understand you, thank you for this! Will set the value to the number of S processes.

Now about problems when printing a large number of pages. Quote message from users:

"When sending documents to print in the transaction VF31 to the printer RICOH Aficio SP 8300DN PCL 6: act, a bill, invoice for fifty-one hundred accounts in the preview display, everything looks correct, in that order, in which should go to print

Select all the documents sent to the printer. The result: documents are printed randomly skips somewhere account somewhere w / f, somewhere act on some services, contractors did not print any of the documents, although in this list, these documents presence.
Both printers: HP LaserJet M5025 mfp PCL6 and RICOH Aficio SP 8300DN PCL 6 print many documents are superimposed as if "characters."

I think I have to change the printing method for those users. You said in a previous post that I should change the printing method. Who uses G. Application servers runs on Linux, probably it is necessary to use the method of L. Now i read about it, and try to understand.

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Albert,

the sequence of the spool requests (sent to the same Output Device) can be kept if the flag "Process requests sequentially" is set in the Output Device.

This can be set here: Transaction SPAD -> <open the Output Device> -> select tab "Output Attributes" -> turn on the flag "Process requests sequentially" -> save.

There is a restriction though: in the case of Access Method G the spools will be sent to the frontend in sequence too, but the frontend OS may discard this sequence.

The reason is described in SAP Note #128105:

"When printing multiple spool orders, the sequence cannot be kept because all spool orders are processed in parallel in different threads."

So, the solution for this large volume printing would be really to change the Access Method.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your response!

Answers (0)