cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale of Fixed Asset using a Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

A customer wishes to use sales orders for the sale of their fixed assets...The standard way in ByD of selling fixed assets is simply through a manual invoice (using the individual material ID as the product).

What is the best way to incorporate sales orders into the process of selling fixed assets (recognizing that the individual material obviously still needs to be used for accounting postings and the sales order & invoice need to be linked).

thanks,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sihem,

this is a Business ByDesig forum, there are no SD, FI or AA modules.

Hi Ben,

currently there is no solution for your problem without development. You can`t sell a fixed asset in sales order. If a customer would come to me with this requirement I would recommend to develop a enhancement of the sales order:

Just some ideas coming in my mind:

1. For fixed assets in Sales Order us a Service "Service for fixed asset selling" with price zero

2. Enhance Sales Order Items with an extension field of type fixed asset id

3. Add a Object Value Selector to this field to select fixed assets or a part of an fixed asset

4. You can now add your service to Sales order, every time you would sell a fixed asset and then select the fixed asset with OVS

5. Enhance form for Sales Order to display in case of this specific Service the fixed asset description and price

6.You also need a possibility to invoice this Sales Order, for that you have to enhance Customer Invoice Request or Customer Invoice, too

7. For this you can create a new workcenter or a button on Customer Invoice workcenter to create a manual invoice for your "specific" Sales Order with this special service "Service for fixed asset selling"

Best Regards,

Andreas

0 Kudos

Hello Ben,

We have the same issue . Our customer needs to create sales order to selll fixed asset.

Is there a customizing to see the integration SD-FI AA ?

Siheme