cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Besides LoadRunner, any other SAP Performance Test tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dear All:

I'm doing some planning for the SAP performance test. But our budget is very limited. It seems my company could not afford LR. LoadRunner took over 95% of this market. Beside LR, I heard Worksoft Certify is another option. Is there any other tool or open source tool?

Thank you all so much in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you want to do a load test? This is an expensive way of doing a performance test. Most performance problems can be identified already by doing a single user test - at least if it's an ABAP application. Run your application - if possible with varying amount of data - and do ST05 performance traces and SAT/ST12 ABAP runtime traces in parallel.

Best Regards, Randolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Randolf, Thank you for your suggestion. Cause I'm making a draft plan of the performance testing. We only did automation function test of SAP before. This performance test requirement is from our high level manager. What you said is for the SAP GUI based testing, right? We also need to test the web base transaction and NWBC. I guess a third party tool is better. Do you know any open source performance test tool could support both of them? SAP GUI and Web.

Cheers.

former_member184455
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kun, Single user test is also appropriate for NWBC and web based transaction. And as long you run on an ABAP backend you can use ST05 and SAT. With these tools you are able to detect database problems, non-linearities in ABAP code and even lock/enqueue contention.

If single user performance is okay, an additional step can be load tests. I don't know a open source performance load test tool.

Regards, Randolf

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are looking for simulating load using minimalist tools, a crude way to do this would be configuring Ecatt scripts and running them from multiple machines

But I think it doesn't work for web based transactions.

Regards,

Siddhesh