cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to accept Invalid values in BW?

former_member302630
Participant
0 Kudos

We have data coming into BW with a lot of invalid char '$ , space, chinese char, spanish' etc. User has told that he wants it to show in report. But we don't want to globally accept such chars (RSKC).

scenario1.

ZTCODES master. datatype char 40.

tcodes coming in with invalid values (red status).  How can these values be accepted locally only? These values may then be used for in cubes for reporting and ztcodes is to be used for selection in selection screen.

Scenario2.

DSO holds transaction data but does not activate due to invalid ztcodes vales.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Cleo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cleo,

I think we should distinguish between not allowed characters in the context of RSKC and "unwanted" characters, e.g. from Chinese or Spanish character sets.

Not allowed characters can be handled e.g. via a character string cleansing tool. Please refer to my blog for an example. This should be a global approach.

"Unwanted" characters can have a different approach. You can write a routine (or any other ABAP coding) to handle this (e.g. check characters against an allowed set of characters and replace all the rest with e.g. a space).

Best regards,
Sander

former_member302630
Participant
0 Kudos

I made 2 text master infoobjects. I gave a counter as key for both text masters. Took tcode as text in one master and tcode description as text in another master. I use counter no. to relate both tcode and tcode description. I use code to ensure that a certain tcode and and its description will have same counter no. value.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fcorodriguezl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cleo,

RSKZ must be enough. If you want load this data, you have two ways.

1) Try change your DSO standar to write optimized.

2) Use a routine to change your data.

Regards.

data:lv_string type string.

lv_string = '&^%&^%!@&%hjasdg^%^%@%!aa&'.

REPLACE  all occurrences of REGEX '[^[:alnum:]]*' IN lv_string WITH '' .

write lv_string.

former_member302630
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

in RSKZ , we can accept invalid values locally?

and since I need to report and use these invalid values as parameters in my selection screen in report, accepting them in a DSO without activation requirement will still not suffice. Ultimately I need to take to a Infoprovider which can be used for direct reporting on BEx.

pavan_mankineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chinese char, Spanish char are not actually invalid characters... check in SMLT T-code whether those languages are installed in your system.

If respective languages are not installed then ask basis to install the same....

Regards,

Pavan.

adamjab1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

For ASCII characters  from 32 to 255 (typeable) from keyboard you have options in SPRO - Business Warehouse - > General settings -> maintain permitted extra characters. For the rest you have to write FM to deal with

Regards