cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bpc 10.1 embebed

0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client want to start a new BPC Implementation in their company. The client do not have anything, only BW and ECC.

We're defining wherever we go to BPC 10.1 Classic Vs Embedded (Unified version).

I have quite understanding the Embedded version Hana is in the picture.

Our team is composed with:

- Functional Planning Expert (more comfortable in BPC side)

- BW/IP Expert

- BW/BPC Expert

- BO Expert (Design Studio)

- Programmer

Despite the business requirement, whenever complex or not. I would like to know:

1. It is recommended in this stage we start developing  BPC 10.1 Embedded version?

2. I seen many partners talking about BPC 10.1 etc... but, I do not seen any kind of "Success History". Maybe I missed. If anyone can share will be much appreciated.

I would like to prefer start with embedded version, because there are many benefits, but, I'm worried about the risk of project success because i'm not sure if the product is enough mature and the client lose the confidence, which I do not want to.

Please advise me.

Thanks.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adamjab1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it all depends on project complexity and how you want it to "be driven". With IT driven projects embbedd or BW-IP will do fine, but if you want to let functional users manage the environment with minimal IT involvement than Standard BPC is much better.

In our company we utilize both of them and BW-IP is perfect for simple cost distributions scenarios, sales planning as well as more complex data transformations. Standard BPC runs gross profit calculations, global costs, budged and consolidation and is mostly managed by financial controlling department itself but it was more effort on implementation stage.

Regards