cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP Transports w/ Same Technical Name

former_member212897
Participant
0 Kudos

In our Quality Environment we are targeting 2 different Clients 110 & 120. 110 is our development client and 120 is our UAT client which is  a temporary client but we still need to be able to load data from this client in order to validate tests.

We've transported our objects to 110 last week and all went well. This week we re-transported the transports for transformations, data sources, info packages, and data transfer packages targeting the 120 client. Everything transported fine with the exception of the DTPs. The problem were having with the DTPs is that the technical name did not change from Dev - QA and as such it overwrite the DTP that was originally there for 110. Ideally we should have 2 DTPs, 1 targeting 110 and the other targeting 120 but we now have 1 DTP targeting 120 which overwrote the 110.

I've read a lot of posts where people are talking about issues because the technical names are changing from envionrment to environment but in my case becase the DTP technical names didn't change I eneded up with an issue of overwriting the previous object.

FYI, all the other objects that were transported did transport with different technical names (For both clients) with the exception of DTPs. The DTPs are the only object so far that are not getting new technical names when transported.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adamjab1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

It seems that for each client you need separate datasource, transformation and dtp. I think also that in principle having more than one BW client on one system in one transport landscape is not officially supported.

Regards.

former_member212897
Participant
0 Kudos

Adam,

Thanks for you reply. What i'd like to find out is why all my other objects get new technical names when being transported except for the DTP. Searching online it appears that its quite the oppisite problem for other people where they are having issues because the DTP transports with a different technical name.

Regarding the seperate datasource, transformation, etc., all those objects transported successfully and now i have 2 datasources, 2 transoformations, 2 info packages for everything that was transported last night. This was possible because each object obtained a new technical name when being transported.

So back to my original question, why is it that my other objects obtain new technial names when being transported but my DTP does not? Is this something that can be controlled?

Worst case I suppose I can restransport my DTPs targeting new client and once done with UAT we can transport the DTPs again targeting the other client.

Thanks,

Larry

colm_boyle
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

the reason is because the objects are source-system-dependent. You need to map your source systems in the table RSLOGSYSMAP, in the target of the transport, i.e. the original LOGYSYS to the new LOGSYS. So if your source system is ECD1CLNT100 on dev, and its changes to ECQ1CLNT100 on the QA  BW system then the table will look like this...

LOGSYSORG      LOGSYSNEW

ECD1CLNT100    ECQ1CLNT100

Or if it was a PC file datasource, then it might look like this in the same table...

LOGSYSORG      LOGSYSNEW

PC_FILE              PC_FILE

If the objects or type TRFN, DTPA, or RSDS are 'Source-System-Dependent' then the technical names will change in the target of the transport. If they are not, the names will remain the same. You can check the entries for transformations in the table RSTRAN, here you will see the entry for the original transformation ID, I think it is ORGTRANID in this table.

I hope this information helps, let me know if you need any further information, the following link contains the official documentation...

Defining the Target Source System - Business Intelligence - SAP Library

Thanks,

Colm