cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded "Cannot connect to Microsft Excel..."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

First time back in a couple of years apart from the sporadic visit. I am upgrading to SAP Dashoards 4.1 and currently running the SP5 trial.

After trying a couple of templates to make sure all was ok, and it seemed to work fine, I first got a runtime error. Now I get the dreaded 3Cannot connect to Microsoft Excel...programme must close." error. I was running Dashboards standalone, as Admin. I don't seem to be able to get back in.

I am finding it difficult to find my way around the forum format, but I did do a search and found a post that suggested Office 2013 was the issue (supposedly to be solved in SP5 but it obviously hasn't been) and it was best to downgrade Office. Surely there must be a more up to date answer.

Would you please let me know what I should do? Or of course, point me in the direction of a prior post (I will get to grips with the way the forum displays and the search function, I promise).

Thank you for your suggestions.

Chris

Windows 8.1 x64

Excel 2013

Dashboards 4.& SP5 Trial

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Office 2013 is supported with Dashboards 4.1.

Check if the issue is intermittent and if not then try below steps.

Hi Petrut,

Rename the strat page in folder Dashboards Installation dir\Program files\SAP BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\assets\startPage

Also set value of

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer->NoRecentDocsHistory

value to 0.

Also uninstall microsoft office and install it once again.

If it again fails then try below steps.

1.Turn off the anti-virus and the firewall.

2.Uninstall the Dashboards.

3.Then take the backup of the registry.

4.In the registry please go to hkeylocalmachine--->Software------>Wow6432node------>SAP BusinessObjects------>SuiteXI 4.0------>Xcelsius .Delete this Xcelsius folder

5.Change the user account control settings to never notify in case when you are using Windows 7.

6.Check in program files if there are any leftover installation folders for Xcelsius.If so delete them

7.Run the setup by running it as administrator.

8.Please use the key for the departmental edition of Dashboards.

Regards,

Amit Kulkarni

Support Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Thank you for your assistance but I don't get it: I should rename BusinessObjects\Xcelsius 4.0\assets\startPage to what, please?