cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a CHIP remotely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My company is implementing NWBC and I am involved in developing a POC( Proof of Concept) to show the capabilities of NWBC to users.

One of the requirement of the POC is to call a CHIP from system A in system B. That is, there is a CHIP existing in system A which need to be called and shown in system B.

I saw a check box 'Remote-Enabled CHIP' while creating CHIP but not sure how exactly it will work if this check box is checked.

Pls share your knowledge if you know how to achieve my requirement.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Balu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claudia_binder
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

If not only one CHIP on your page builder page, but the complete page is running on system B, you can insert the page in PFCG by specifying an RFC destination to B as "Target system" of the node.

For more details, please see the documentation in Help Portal Remote Systems - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

I'm afraid I can't give you a hint how to mix CHIPs from different systems on one page - hopefully there is an expert out there who can comment on this aspect.

Regards,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the help Claudia.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi!

Consuming abap chips comming from other system within the page builder is not posible. You can only bind extern urls via url_chip however this aproach was aimed for binding static content. The check box 'Remote-Enabled CHIP' tois used start an abap chip from a java based framework as e.g. BPM without page builder and with the portal with a special chip_launcher component( Assigning a User Interface to a Task - Modeling Processes with Process Composer - SAP Library ) .

Reagrds,

Nestor