cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identification of resources in sap ps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

My client manages multiple projects using for each one has a wbs and multiple networks, for those networks have diferent types of workcenter as machines and persons. But i dont know if the workcenter assignation is the best option because they have multiple plant and for each wbs have too a cost center, currently the workcenter that puts in all networks are linked only to one cost center. I can see troubles for cost determination to end of month. With this scenario can you give a recommendation of the correct strategy for create and assign the workcenters and activity types to all the projects?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

You can create different Work centers if you have different plants...

Maintain these work centers in Network activities and if possible also maintain different activity type in Network activity to have clear distinction for cost reporting purpose.

In KP26, you can maintain cost for each Activity type & Cost center combination.

When resource is booking time against specific network activity, activity type maintained in this activity should populate. Ensure employee who is booking time is having Cost center maintained in Personnel master data.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tushar

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lvan,

why not you try with work force planning by CMP2 and you can see report by CMP9 whatever resource you have put to that network activity and how much hours they have spent on that activity like that.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Iván,

Your planning data and the master data in the system should reflect the reality as much as possible to provide an accurate planning.

With one dummy work center you are obviously stay very limited.  Just create as many work centers as they are and define (or better calculate) planned activity prices.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm agree with you Paulo, the decision was taken for the big work that means the maintenance of all data, workcenters and activity types for each workcenter and the prices for those. Conscious that of the use of dummy cost center isn't the best way, i have a question,

i can work with data combination of activity types for each workcenter (KP26) and after execute revaluation (CJN1) without the risk of produce an error in the real prices determination and the corresponding cost imputation?

Regards.

Iván

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iván,

Not sure I am clear about your question. In KP26 you can maintain directly the planned prices, alternatively planned prices can be calculated by the system based on primary cost information.

CJN1 revaluates based on actual prices, means that actual price has to be calculated before the revaluation with KSII.  There is a clear distinction between plan and actual cost.

Regards,

Paulo