cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ABAP Learning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

After a lot of searching and I finally decided on the SAP module that I want to do. Honestly, there are so many modules in SAP, the more i research, the more confused i become. So since I am more into development, i chose ABAP. The certification courses is SAP ABAP with Netweaver 7.02 (C_TAW12_71). Not even sure if that is the right course. But anyway, since i am new to SAP, just wanted to know how do i go about. Where can i find some courses, training (preferably classroom). Any help in this matter would be helpful. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... After a week of searching through the SAP website, found virtually nothing that i can use to get a little idea about the subject. $1000 courses are fine, but there should be some basic courses that i can go over.

If there are any, course codes that you can share would be nice!

This SAP thing is as obscure as a big foot, or maybe i am not looking in the right place!

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Somnath

If SAP is quite new to you then I recommend you look at the following free training first to get a better appreciation of what is on offer before enrolling in formal (costly) training. The training is worth the investment but you seem a bit confused.

Please look into SAP Learning Hub Discovery Edition (search SCN for blogs about it and training.sap.com to obtain it) and Open SAP (open.sap.com)

You will be able to get some functional and technical overview

As a note on the course that you found, I suspect out of date (or close to) as we are now on 7.40 Release. You have mentioned 7.02 for Netweaver

Once you've done some of the free courses you might change your mind on ABAP and choose something else (SAPUI5 is a different language). Your next step, it might be worth contacting SAP Education America and discuss their course availability.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleen,

Is there any functional training or course available in  open sap??

Regards

Debi

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Debi

You can go to open.sap.com and have a look yourself. Most training is more of a development/technical nature - new product/road maps like HANA, Fiori, etc

Learning Hub has a heap more functional information courses (full subscription gives you all SAP courses and more)

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen, Sorry for the delayed response. Super thanks for the pointers!

I was going through the ABAP objects free course online. After that i have a few others assigned. After that /i will contact SAP America. That would be another challenge.

Just wanted to know, when you say course availability, does it mean classroom?

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

by course availability, yes typically I do mean training. However, it's a case of which course, delivery method (classroom vs virtual), location, etc. The training team will be able to assist you within your country. They may have a training partner who handles enrolments.

Good luck and hope you have a better idea of what SAP is so you can choose the best training for you

I'm prefer self-paced learning (you'll see some of my blogs) which is why I'm a huge fan of SAP Learning Hub. However, classroom does have merits for starting out to get someone to explain the concepts to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem with self learning is my short attention span! I would probably not assign much time to it in a day. On top of that daily household chores! Not cool!

That's why I was looking at classroom. So that i can dedicate some time for it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Somnath Mallick,

if you can spend short span of time then go for e-learning.As far as my knowledge is concern classroom training are for 8hrs per day. E-learning are the things you can study as per your time .

Regards

Debi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185054
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

That is India!!! I am in the US, Dallas to be exact. Finding it hard to find a classroom training here. Can you all suggest any course numbers that i should look up to start off with! Information about SAP is almost as obscure as looking for Big Foot. Or maybe just i am looking in the wrong place.

former_member185054
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi somnath,

I did my ABAP certification in ATOS Chennai. if you have any domain experience go for function certification.if not ABAP is best, but  my humble request is don't spend money on certification

With regards,

Sampath kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Go through this link:- https://training.sap.com/in/en/training-locations/in/agaram-consulting-chennai

This will give you the list of SAP Authorized training academies across the country.

Visit them for a counselling session, they will guide you & suggest you the appropriate module based on your qualification & experience.

Hope this helps!!!

Warm regards & Best wishes,

Rinku Chauhan