Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Timesheet Time Accounts not decreases

heathershiels
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

In the ESS  time sheet application when I key an absence code that is tied to a quota through the time account quota bucket that display in ESS are not reducing immediately.

This functionality does work through leave request (time quota buckets are reduced in ESS immediately).

How do I configure that the Time Accounts in the ESS time Sheet reduce immediately after time is entered through the ESS time sheet.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated!

Heather

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

heathershiels
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

So I had a developer look at it and we are using MOD B but when we change it to MOD D nothing different happens. If time is booked as an employee directly in ESS this problem doesn't occur only as a manager on behalf of an employee.

It looks like the ESS page refreshes after every entry therefore updating and the MSS page does not. I am going to log an note with SAP, as this seems to be a bug. I will advise to how they reply.

Thank you again for assistance it is always so much appreciated.

Best regards,

Heather

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

thanks for confirming that it works from ESS side, We ll check from MSS side if any event is not triggered or not

heathershiels
Participant
0 Kudos

Here are the Screen shots:

Thanks Sid, any help would be greatly apprciated

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

just a quick question, this is time recording on behalf although it shouldnt effect the functionaity, but if you book as an employee directly you see the same behavior?? Here i m seeing even after posting it isnt upating! Anyhow Please note  HR-Enabled CATS integrates the HR and CATS systems. The following enhancements are available: ◦ The Time Accounts tab displays an employee’s leave request data from the Leave Request application. So this means, You need to select proper MOD Please read the documentation of the Function Module HR_GET_QUOTA_DATA to select the proper mode. In your case it should be 'D', kindly check it. This is the standard setting, Verify if you are using any other MOD. Please verify which MOD is currently being set Each MOD has its own settings Read here and you ll get more info http://scn.sap.com/thread/3202895

heathershiels
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes when the time is entered through CAT2 using the same MSS profile the quota buckets decrease automatically.

Yes we run CAT6 as a batch job nightly to catch the one off but generally time is transferred automatically. Why wouldn't the quota buckets decrease automatically in ESS?

Heather

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

where are you checked that quota didnt decrease in ESS? can you show me the screens? Cause we are aware it does deacre once cat6 runs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heather,

Are you using the HR enabled CATS.

SAP program RCATSTHR - Data Transfer CATS -> HR

May be above link might help you.

let me know if you need further help.

Regards,

Gupta

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

does it reduce when you book in cat2? are you running CAT6 to post times in HR? Is quota deduction set for absence in customisation ie you can confirm if it deducts via Pa30