cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credentials ESP in Design Studio

0 Kudos

when i write the credentials for use a ESP Datasource show Error Network or NOt Found, the host and port is localhost:9786 the same that show in ESP, the credentials are the same that i wrote in the installation

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Beginning with ESP version 5.1, SP09, the Event Stream Processor plugin for SAP HANA Studio does not have the capability to start and run a local ESP cluster. In order to run an ESP project from the SAP HANA studio, you must be connected to an ESP remote cluster. With the standalone ESP Studio, you still have the ability to start and run a local cluster, but you cannot configure the local cluster for a remote connection.

(This is a Known Issue, see Known Issues for SAP Event Stream Processor Studio - SAP Event Stream Processor: Release Notes for W....)

Thanks,

Alice

0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

i have a local cluster, I don't use Hana the design studio and ESP are installed in my laptop

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

There's a bit more set-up required to connect to an ESP project from Design Studio.  It looks like you are using the ESP server started by the Studio.  This is generally not recommended, as it is intended to be a sandbox used to easily test projects from the studio, but by default it doesn't allow external connections.  You can, however, change that:  in the Server View, in the run test perspective, right click on the local cluster and change the password.  User will always be "Studio". You can then use these credentials to connect.

But you also need to be running the ESP Web Service Provider, which you will need to start from the command line - see the Adapters guide for instrucitons. And it will probably be more complicated to configure this to connect to the Studio cluster than just starting a "proper" ESP cluster from the command line. and then start WSP.

Also note that your ESP project needs to have the "Enable Web Services" property set. I'll see if we can get some instructions together - I didn't realize that they hadn't been published.

Jeff

former_member217348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

At this page: Official Product Tutorials – SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio 1.x
Have a look at the demo for:

NEW for 1.4  Connect to a streaming data source

Thanks,

Alice

0 Kudos

i change the password

i connect the server and Run ESP project(local Cluster)

and I try connect with this,  but show "Error: Not Found"

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you also start the Web Service Provider on the ESP server?

0 Kudos

could you say me how i can do this? please

former_member217348
Participant
0 Kudos

I enabled the web service in Advanced tab, but i can´t connect

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It sounds like you still need to start the Web Service Provider itself. The WSP supports SOAP, REST and Websocket connections. Details are in the SAP Event Stream Processor: Adapters Guide. I haven't had a chance to look at which of those protocols Design Studio is specifically using, but there are basic instructions on starting the WSP in the "Configuring the SAP Event Stream Processor REST Provider" section:

Configuring the SAP Event Stream Processor REST Provider - SAP Event Stream Processor: Adapters Guid...

0 Kudos

i running the wsp_deploy.bat and the bat created http://localhost:9090/espws/services/wsplocalhost9786_default_WSPtowermon3iwWeatherStationReference?... but , i can´t connect the SAP Design Studio with the cluster of ESP Studio

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

i still having problems

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid at this point I would suggest that you open a support case via customer support.  It doesn't look like the community is going to be able help you troubleshoot this via the forum.

Jeff

0 Kudos

any suggestion more?

JWootton
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Try testing your ESP configuration without Design Studio.  This can narrow down the problem to help you know if it's with the ESP setup or with the Desing Studio set up.

For example use the "Advanced REST client" extension for Google Chrome to try to send an event to an ESP Project via HTTP.  If it works, then you know that ESP WSP is working properly and credentials are set up properly - so issue is probably with the Design Studio configurtion.

If you send me an email, I can send a short doc that has detailed instructions on setting up WSP and testing it with the Google Chrome extension.

former_member217348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

You mentioned earlier that you are running wsp_deploy.bat. Please try with running wsp.bat instead.
Also, make sure that you have edited the wsp.xml in the <DefaultCluster> section to use 9786 for the <port> setting (since you are using the ESP Studio to run the project, and that uses port 9786), and <SslEnabled> needs to be set to false (since your project is running in "esp://<server>:<port>" and not "esps://<server>:<port>").

Thanks,

Alice