cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hybris take over SAP WCEM ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been working on a project, which is WCEM + SAP CRM in the backend. But now SAP told us that they wont support WCEM. They want us to shift the focus to hybris.

After SAP Bought Hybris, seems SAP are actively working on Hybris and SAP ERP Integration etc.

But how are we supposed to do this?

There are some challenges we need to face

1) Obviously we spent 2 years effort to develop all the modules on WCEM. How do we suppose to do this in hybris?

Write from scratch? using JSP + Spring, from my understanding there is no way to reuse the JSF components in WCEM

2) The client business model is not a typical e-commerce business. But out of box in hybris there is only e-commerce accelerator. What do we suppose to do this? Create a new accelerator for the business alone? Duplicate all the data models which is already existing in SAP CRM again?

3) Integration? I understand we can use datahub or jco to integration between hybris and SAP. However the official module for SAP CRM is still not shipped in Hybris 5.5 today.

That's the biggest challenge we are facing, regardless the cost or anything, i didn't see it's viable.

I hope some experts can give me some indepth on this.

Thanks,

Seabook

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ingo_woesner
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Seabook,

after the acquisition of hybris in August 2013, SAP has officially discontinued WCEM in January 2014. See also the annoucements in the WCEM Customer WIKI.

A letter was sent to all WCEM customers back then. So what you have realized above is widespreat knowledge and fact.

In Sept  2014, hybris released version 5.3 of the hybris Enterprise Commerce Plattform (ECP), which contains massive hybris/SAP integration content and scenarios. Since then two more releases have beed published with additional SAP integration content.

All integration content is contained in the hybris release shipment - there is no footprint in ERP.

With the hybris/SAP integration being part of the hybris release, all is documented in the hybris WIKI, which is basically a combination of Online Help, Marketplace and SCN for hybris. You need to be a hybris customer or certified partner to get access.

Coming to your questions,

ad 1) hybris is a flexible open Java-based platform that can also include JSF based UIs, or even 3rd party tools like Adobe CQ5. You have to see the hybris ECP first of all as a platform to aggregate information and data from backends, and to manage and provide information to digital channels. One of these channels can be a webshop. A webshop can be built using the hybris ECP capabilities, but also with other UI/application techniques. You can even connect a 3rd party webshop with the hybris ECP to retrieve data from and capture orders. So there is the option to use the JSF UI you have built and connect it with the hybris ECP instead of WCEM.

So hybris ECP is a lot more than just a webshop. It is a flexible toolkit-like platform, with focus on flexibility, and - unlike typical SAP solutions - not on predefined configurable process steps and scenarios. So a major part of an implementation project is customer specific development. 

hybris projects often use an accelerator as a starter, and extend it to their needs, but larger implementations tend to create their own solution almost from scratch. I am not familiar with hybris project implementation. I recommend to discuss this with a hybris implementation partner, who also has SAP skills.

Learn more about the hybris/SAP Integration in the SAP Learning Hub (Customer & Partners) > search for "hybris" > hybris SAP Learning Map

Best regards,

Ingo

Dr. Ingo Woesner
Outbound Product Manager Retail & Omni-Channel
SAP SE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

One more question regarding to SAP CRM and Hybris.

Is there an official solution on how to do this?

I only noticed that SAP support ERP integration with Hybris.

I understand we may able to use datahub to get all the master data from CRM to hybris, but i dont think there is any JCO available to talk to CRM directly so far.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seabook,

RFCs & JCO are integrated with Hybris and you talk to CRM directly.

For more info, plesae have a look of the below discussion.

Thanks,

Hamendra