cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route Determinaiton based on shipping instructions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I wanted to determine the route based on shipping instruction. How I can bring the shipping instruction field in route determination instead of shipping condition.

Our current process is, route determination based on shipping condition but some times the routes will be different based on shipping instructions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am curious why you would not create "Z" shipping conditions to allow for different routes based on the shipping instructions. Maintain the appropriate routes for the custom shipping conditions in route dtermination and maintain the appropriate "Z" shipping condition based on the shipping instructions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for your response.

Initially I have suggested the same solution but users are not ready to accept. The issues is, we have 100 to 1000 lines in purchase order and based on customer requirement the routes need to changed.

If I use the shipping condition user need to change the lines manually one by one (Because the fast change is not possible for shipping tab fields) but if I use the shipping instruction then it is easy to change through fast change mode.

As per the SAP note 356628 it is difficult to add the new fields(shipping tab fields) in fast change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wonder if an acceptable solution would be to edit the delivery document (route and partner function) if the shipping condition cannot be used in the sales order. There is really no need to update the sales document since the edit is quite simple and fast if done in the delivery document. Just a thought

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a standard Exit as EXIT_SAPL0VRF_001 for Route Determination.

You can discuss the same with your ABAP ''er to include your shipping instruction based route determination.

Regards,

SRK