SAP for Insurance Discussions
Engage in conversations about risk management, customer experience, and digital transformation using SAP in the insurance industry. Join the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claim Notification Creation using Enterprise Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did any one used the enterprise service for creating the Claim from the external Systems ?

If so can you please share your experiences..Did you implement your own code in the BADI's or are there any standard Class which can be called in the BADI Methods...

your inputs on this is appreciated.

Thanks

Rajesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

you can use enterprise services for FNOL process. Details can be found here:

Insurance Claims Handling - Enterprise Services WIKI - SCN Wiki

Some additional information about claims maintenance (incl. FNOL and FNOI) can be found here.

Maintain Insurance Claim - Enterprise Services in Financial Services - SAP Library

How to find the ESR? please take a look at this link:

Important URLs, Transaction Codes, ABAP Reports in Process Integration 7.1 - Process Integration - S...

For starting the service you use SOAMANAGER.

Please look for a service containing "FNOL" and select this service.

Save your own version as "Z....." program

Once the service is activated you can use SE 38 to start "Z...." program

Program should give you a pop-up asking for the upload file

(For upload you need a file containing claim data which are needed for FNOL process)

When upload is ready you'll see a report of created claims (new) and changed claims (existing claims with updates.

It's also working for claim bundles which need to be created.

recommendation: For test use a simple Excel file for data source.

Best regards

Karsten

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

you can use enterprise services for FNOL process. Details can be found here:

Insurance Claims Handling - Enterprise Services WIKI - SCN Wiki

Some additional information about claims maintenance (incl. FNOL and FNOI) can be found here.

Maintain Insurance Claim - Enterprise Services in Financial Services - SAP Library

How to find the ESR? please take a look at this link:

Important URLs, Transaction Codes, ABAP Reports in Process Integration 7.1 - Process Integration - S...

For starting the service you use SOAMANAGER.

Please look for a service containing "FNOL" and select this service.

Save your own version as "Z....." program

Once the service is activated you can use SE 38 to start "Z...." program

Program should give you a pop-up asking for the upload file

(For upload you need a file containing claim data which are needed for FNOL process)

When upload is ready you'll see a report of created claims (new) and changed claims (existing claims with updates.

It's also working for claim bundles which need to be created.

recommendation: For test use a simple Excel file for data source.

Best regards

Karsten

0 Kudos

Thanks Karsten for the info.

I have taken a look into the enterprise services provided in ES WorkPlace..but unfortunately it didn't work when I try to test using Sproxy test editor and when I debugged found that implementation of the service is not done...

There is a BADI's skeleton available but there is no implementation available for the same.

So I wonder why the enterprise services are being provided with out implementations.

I am trying to Call the service by passing xml file via Middleware ,but not looking for the File upload option here..Any inputs on this ?

Thanks

Rajesh