cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UJBR Restore. Appset show only technicals names (BPC 10.1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I just restore appset from BPC 7.5 to BPC 10.1 thought UJBR tx. Use technical names checked and ENABLE_FIXED_CUBENAME = X in SPRO Global paramenters is checked as well. The restore finished propertly but when access to workbechn (RSA1) under new APPSET, only show technical names in infobjects, infocubes and multicubes, no description are shown. In original system which backup was done, the infobejct, infocubes, and multicubes description are right.

Anyobody has same issue?.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Abel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abel,

You can't backup BPC in 7.5 and restore it in 10.1. you need to run migration program.

are you trying to migrate 7.5 to 10.1? or what are you trying to do?

Andy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

OSS note 2135119 has been applied and re-install Spanish language. The issue has been solved, we can see all BPC infobject under appset propertly.

Thanks to all,

Regards,

Abel

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Abel for sharing the information.

Best regards,

Charlie

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Able, I agreed other guys' comment that migration is required, but the issue is not related to the migration.

The reasons that you cannot see the description is because of the language issue.

For example, you restore it with English logged on. However, you check the RSA1 with ZH logged on.

Another thing you can try

1. On your source system, be sure you can see the description in the RSA1 and then backup using UJBR. This makes sure the description is backed up.

2. Then go to target system. go to RSA1 and be sure if you can see the description of other environments. Then restore it again. if you cannot see the description of other environments, log on BW with other language, the one you often use, such as ZH.

Best regards,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andi, Chuan and Charlie:

All of you are right, I explained so bad my issue. I mean backup (in 7.5) and restore (in 10.1) is not the migration, is the fisrt step of migration, after, we´ll migrate restore enviroment with UJT_MIGRATE_75_TO_101, and check it with UJA_DATA_CHECKER.

Charlie, I think so, it will be a languaje issue, because, after restore, in RSA1 with spanish (ES my language) logon, BPC dimension description isn´t appear, but if I logon in english (EN), descrptions show propertly. But I did the backup (in 7.5) in spanish (ES language logon).

Thanks again

Abel

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abel,

So what you want is log on with Spanish and you can see the description, right? If so, you can try to log on to BW with Spanish and restore.

One thing I am not clear, what you mean by did the backup(in 7.5) in Spanish(ES language logon)? Do you mean you log on to BW with ES and the description in 7.5 shows in Spanish? By the way, what's ES? What's the language?

Best regards,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie:

I tried twice, logon in spanish (ES language) in 7.5, did the backup, then, logon on 10.1 in spanish too (ES language), and did the restore. So, the result in RSA1, with ES logon language, I only can see the technicals names, but if I logon in EN (english language), I can see technicals and description right of BPC infobejcts under appshet enviroment.

Thanks

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Abel,

If you log on in Spanish in 7.5, can you see the description?

Best regards,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Charlie,

On source system (7.5 which I did the backup with UJBR) in spanish language logged, you can see descripction right.

I´ll talk to basis team in order to reinstall ES language in 10.1 BPC system, I saw in SMLT a little warning in ES language.

I´ll keep you update, thanks Charlie.

Regards,

Abel

chuan_ding
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Abel

Please follow the instructions of Upgrade Guide for BPC NW 10.1:
https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000358672014E

You need to run migration program UJT_MIGRATE_75_TO_101 to migrate 7.5 data to 10.1.

Best regards,

Chuan