SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic clearing in FICA

former_member191210
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Adjustment to previous overpayed bill is posted with credit item.Usually this credits are cleared with debit by mass FPMA run.

but if only credit item is available in FPL9 then mass FPMA is not possible and point is this credit item does not have any payment method assigned.In system for all outgoing and incoming payment are handled by daily running jobs.So how to handle the situation if only one credit item left then it should be automatically refunded w/o waiting for any offsetting item to clear it.

Could you suggest me any solution for that ?

Regards

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not standard practice (at any of the clients I've worked for!) to automatically generate refunds from open credits.

Such credits will appear on the credit list, and a person must decide whether to refund them or not. The refund also has to be approved by another person (via a workflow) before it goes out the door.

cheers

Paul

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not standard practice (at any of the clients I've worked for!) to automatically generate refunds from open credits.

Such credits will appear on the credit list, and a person must decide whether to refund them or not. The refund also has to be approved by another person (via a workflow) before it goes out the door.

cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

To handle this scenario you need to run a custom program everyday to select all open credits based on your business rules and change the payment method to something like Auto-Refund(for bank transfer) or C(cheque refund). When you run the payment run these open credits will be refunded.

Note: It is recommended to use this process only on Inactive and final billed accounts.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Paul is correct - FPCRPO enables a user to view open credits and process them as desired.

0 Kudos

Hello Bill

In FPCRPO I dont find any credit document for my BP,even though it has credit items.

Regards

Amit

0 Kudos

I think you need to run transaction FPCRPO_DET firs to generate Credit List?

0 Kudos

Hi Adriano,

Do we need to do any specific configuration for FPCRPO_DET.

Regards

Amit

0 Kudos

There is some configuration under business transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in this case it would be easy if you set an outgoing payment method on the contract account, no manual actions would be required and the credit would be picked up by the payment run and refunded to the bank account mentioned in the outgoing bank details Id on the contract account. Another solution could be to create a payment specification using transaction 'FPAY1A' (Create for Payment Run), in this case you can set a payment method and a bank detail ID on the payment specification, even start a workflow to approve it using event 5514, and no changes need to be done on the contract account or on the open credit items.

Best regards,

Adriano.

0 Kudos

Hi,

My clients are allergic to the idea of credits being paid out with no human checking/approval.

I think that a process like that would - sooner or later - invite fraud.

cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

Paul,

this depends on a lot of factors, like volumes, companies with millions of customers that have lots of credits to reimburse due to credit invoices, double payments by bank transfer, etc. prefer to control possible frauds than having someone approving credits all day. I've worked in companies with more than 5 million customers and more than 8 million utility contracts, in a B2C environment like this one it's not very practical to manually validate everything, unless you work in a country where manual work is accepted by the company stock holders. We did implement checks to avoid fraud like validate that the bank account that is used for reimbursement was used for a bank transfer payment more than 3 times for the same contract account. Having user assigning bank accounts manually in a payment specification is more subject to fraud than having automatic checks and letting the system do them instead of humans.The same companies have B2B environments where the do manual credit validations, but there the volumes are much lighter...

This is just a point of view, I accept also yours. In my answer I was talking about possible solutions, not about philosophical issues...

Have a nice day,

Adriano.