cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a Sales Order manually [no preceding documents such as lead / opportunity, etc]. I've used a product that I've maintained.

I'm unable to Release the Sales Order as it does an ATP check.

1. I want to bypass this check? What is the process?
  2. A Customer Demand document has been created in the Outbound Logistics Control WC awaiting Release as well. Ideally I don't want all this as we are not implementing Logistics and Warehousing

We would like to be able to create sales orders and release it for invoicing. Sales orders can be created via preceding documents or as the starting document.

Thanks

Puru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

you have the possibility to use the item type "Product - project-based".

In this case you will have no ATP check. You can create and release the sales order but mind you project-based.

The supplier invoice can be posted to the corresponding sales order and project.

Perhaps this would be a practicable process for you but I am with Stefan. More information could help to find a better solution.

Best regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beck,

Thanks for the help. Although project based item type can be used, for this particular product / material we are not using projects.

I do understand we could directly create manual invoices.

Will creating these orders from preceding documents such as opportunities, etc work?

Thanks

Puru

stefan_resag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

I tried out the following. Create a service product with UoM 'EA' and use item group 'SELF - Service - fixed price without actuals' in the sales data of that service.

Create a sales order item with that service product and release it. You have to enter a service duration for the item, but that should not impact the costs. Then go to the sales order item again and execute item ation 'Complete Execution'.

Then invoice and you will see that the sales order status changes to complete.

In the Sales Document - Line Items report only costs for the ea are shown, and the 1 hour does not add additional costs:

Please let me know if this could work for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the response.

Item Group SELF-service without actuals is not available in my selection whilst creation of Products.

This is probably because I don't have "Services" in my scoping.

Thanks

Puru.

stefan_resag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

yes, you need to scope services. Hope this is not a problem.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Will try that.

So there is no way to use Materials in sales without an ATP check.

What about if we include some parts of logistics.

Thanks

Puru

stefan_resag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

Since you need to use the 'NORM' item type for sales orders the only way to confirm the execution of that item is to deliver it from logistics.

You could maybe do an 'ugly' workaround (haven't tested it yet):

- ATP product master data: use replenishment lead time = 1 day.

- valuation product master: set value to zero

- transportation lane duration = 0 days.

- set default priority in sales order to 'Immediate'. Then sales orders are automatically released to outbound logisitcs

- set reqested date in sales order to at least 1 day to the future (fine tuning)

- allow negative stock for that LOA from where you pick in the outbound logistics process.

Do the 'Post goods issue' action in the Delivery Proposals owl of the Outbound logistics WoC.

But looking at all that I have the feeling that using services as described above is the better option.

The only other way I see is to switch to service ordres and use item type 'CONS'. However still some logistics is involved, because you have to at least set up a logistics area to be used in the service confirmation.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for that. I wil bring Services in scope, however wouldnt want to use logistic.

Like Beck said earlier, I am now leaning towards setting up the material item type "Product - project-based". Will check that as well.

Will let you know how I go.

Thanks

Puru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beck,

I have used Item Type "Product - Project Based" [for the product] and like you said there was no ATP check when I assigned a sales order with this item to a project task. I'm happy with that outcome.

However the subsequent Project Invoice Request document is not getting released due to a line item in the invoice request containing "Invoicing Method - Time and Material". This was defaulted upon Proposing Invoice Items "Using Sales Order Items". This method has resulted in a quantity of "0" which is read-only.

Any suggestions on how I can overcome this and successfully release the Project Invoice Request to a Customer Invoice

Thanks

Puru

stefan_resag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

using 'Product - Project Based' will from my perspective not solve the issue. The system realizes that no actuals are recorded and thus you are not able to process any further. This was the reason why I proposed the service - fixed price without actuals. Unfortunately, we do not have a product without actuals.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

So you are telling me that if we want to sell products via sales orders, it has to always have actuals associated with it.

Does actuals here refer to expenses [cost of production or procurement, etc]?

Also if I want to include Services Business / Functional Area, then what are the business packages and business topics I need to include in the scope [such as Entitlement management, Product and Service Portfolio for service and repair, etc].

Thanks

Puru

stefan_resag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

if you use 'Products - project based' you always need actuals. That was the reason why I proposed to use the item type 'Service - fixed price without actuals', because then you do not need actuals.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan. Will use Services.

Would you be able to tell me what are the business packages and topics I need to include in scope.

Thanks

Puru

stefan_resag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

in Business Configuration, Scoping, you have to select Sales - Products and Service Portfolio for Sales - Sell Services.

In addition in the Questions part, same node as above, you have to also select: 'Do you sell or provide services for a fixed price, but do not track the actual time and material needed'.

Best regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan.

I will try this and keep you posted.

Cheers

Puru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan.

It has worked after I included "Sell Services" topic and created a service with item group self service without actuals.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Puru

carolina_jablonski
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan!!

thanks for the information. I tried to follow all the steps in order to sell a service material (type: self services without actuals), but when i release the sales order and go to sales invoice request the sales order doesn't appear. Could you help me to understand what is going on?

the status of the sales order is "in process".

thank you in advance!

Caro

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member654907
Discoverer
0 Kudos

If you are using a service order for external services •

1. Services are materials of material-type DIEN
2. No ATP and allocation checks for such kind of material

3.Order item category for services is TAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

I understand that you will sell a product. That is on the revenue side.

What will happen on the cost side?

Where the product comes from?

Best regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beck,

Thanks for asking that question.

There is no supply chain or Manufacturing and Warehousing / logistics.

We are not recording dirct cost of production.

The product is similar to insurance products.

Thanks

Puru

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am with Stefan.

Item type "Service - fixed price without actuals" would be the best solution for you.

stefan_resag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

could you give some more details on what you sell and on what basis the invoice is created? Why don't you manually create the invoice directly?

Regards,

Stefan

carolina_jablonski
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan!!

thanks for the information. I tried to follow all the steps in order to sell a service material (type: self services without actuals), but when i release the sales order and go to sales invoice request the sales order doesn't appear. Could you help me to understand what is going on?

the status of the sales order is "in process".

thank you in advance!

Caro