cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependency Maintenance is not getting activated in Product Structure Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Product Structure Management. I have created a Product structrue with Variants, When i try to select the option "Dependency Maintenance" for the Variant Component, it is not displaying dependency matrix.

Any one out there who has implemented PSM (Product Structure Management). Kindly Suggest

Regards,

OmPrakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi OmPrakash,

Did you get this issue resolved? 

I am also working on product structure management and I think I have the same problem.

Classification has been assigned and selection conditions can be manually added to the PIVs by selecting the variant from product structure and navigating to the object dependency tab for the variant.

The issue seems to be related to the dependency maintenance table.

I hope you have resolved and can help me.

Thanks

michael

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you might be choosing the wrong option in the menu in PSM. Please refer to the Help Page:

Dependency Maintenance Tables - Object Dependencies on the Web UI - SAP Library

Regards, Ulf.

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

of course other things like configuration profile for the configurable material, class and characteristics need to be maintained as well as indicated by Tamas.

Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf Petzel,

Thanks for your reply.

I presume there is only one option to set the dependencies, that is the context menu for the Product item.

And regarding Configurable profile/Class/Characteristics. I have created specific class - characteriscts for my requirement and assinging the same for both Product and variants.

Regards,

OmPrakash

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it would be good if you provide screenshots of your main configurations you did, so configuration profile, class and characteristics used, classification of materials used for configuration.

Thanks, Ulf.

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi OmPrakash,

please check the followings:

1. Do you have a popup in change mode when right click on product item variant and selecting Dependencies from the context menu in the tree? Or just error messages?

2. Did you assign a class to the material in the product family/structure?

3. Did you assign the same class when creating the product structure nodes?

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for you reply.

1. Yes, I do get the option "Dependencies" under context menu.

- If I select the dependencies. I get a message as

Select at least one valid line  Display Help

Variants without class assignment are not considered

- But i have assigned the Class to variants

2. Yes, I have assigned the class to Material in the product family. Here i have used the "Classes" tab

3. Yes, I used the same class while create the Product nodes. Here again, I used the Tab "Classes" to assign the same class.

Regards,

OmPrakash

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi OmPrakash,

did you use class type 300?

Best regards

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

yes, i did use class Type 300 for Product Family.

Regards,

OmPrakash