cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding explorer product in CMC or BI Launch pad?

former_member208901
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never used Explorer earlier, we have premium license and using BO 4.1 version. How do we access explorer product and where? Do we need to install something on server? Right now i don't see anything in CMC or BI Launch pad.

Does explorer need separate license?

Sorry for asking basic information, i looked it in SCN, i couldn't able to find it.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member297766
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI Venki,

As Henry said, SAP BO Explorer is a add-on on top of BOE.

Yes, Explorer has a separate install on top of BOE and it will be displayed separately in SMP (Market place) to download under Explorer in A-Z index. Contact your administrator for the Setup file from SMP.

You can find more deatils on Explorer here :  http://help.sap.com/boexpl

you can get full information like PAM, Admin Guide, User Guide....

Your Premium License may work for the add-on(But i am not sure on the license part, give a try).

Below Scrrenshot is the prerequisites for installing Explorer 4.x version.

Hope, your queries are answered.

Regards,

Yashwanth

former_member208901
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please help me?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's actually a seperate add-on installation to the core biplatform installation.

you need to grab the download from the install / upgrade area of the marketplace, and must match the versioning of your BIPlatform server

after installation & redeployment, you'll see explorer in the bilaunchpad application dropdown, and Explorer servers in the CMC

regards,

H

former_member208901
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry!!

I looked under my company's software and Complimentary software, i don't see explorer in installations and upgrades.

Is it displayed as separate one like Crystal reports, Design Studio, Dashboards(Xcelsius) or under SBOP BI Platform?

I don't also see it inside SBOP BI Platform(former SBOP Enterprise)

If we don't have license for explorer, is there any way i can download trial version? I am planning to show features of Explorer to my supervisor and application owner on new Analytics requirements. I really appreciate your help!