Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Session "SYSTEM"??

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mates,

Ours is a production company and all the purchase and stores people use tcode ME22N.Whenever they use this tcode most of the time their session turns into "SYSTEM" and all other users will not be able to save their work and face problems.I always kill that users session.But i am not able to understand what are the reasons for the users session to turn into system.Is there anyway that i can understand what is going wrong.is there any other way of preventing the problem other than killing the session or any way to educate users to use the tcode in a correct way.

Thanks&Regards,

Adarsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

I totally agree with you and i have also tried to explain the users to check thoroughly before doing anything but in vain.They keep on executing this tcode with wrong numbers and i have no other way than ending their session.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to strictly limit access by using security authorization. In most organizations the number of people allowed to edit purchasing documents is kept to a minimum. There are various options in WM for the lock settings (material locks, bin locks and so on) but the options for purchasing documents are limited and this is the best practice...imagine if two users are allowed to access the same document and one user is changing the pricing and another saves some other important detail then the second user will override those changes when he/she saves. I think there is really only one option, educate the users,, restrict access as much as possible and continue with ending sessions as you have been..

I had the same issue in the past, I started a campaign to contact the users and as them to change to display mode personally. Over time it has been effective, seldom do I need to contact the same user because they feel they have made a mistake and are at risk of losing there job. If you try that method I am sure you will experience the same as me: contact user and ask if they are in the document in change mode the reply will be "no I am not in anything" - then suddenly as if some magic happened the document will no longer be locked....its quite funny 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is important to educate the users to use display mode (ME23N) when accessing documents unless they want to make/save changes. If they want to make/save changes other users should be locked out of the document for system data integrity (as per design). You could check transaction ST22 should the issue persist, it will show some basic details.

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi mates,

I am waiting for the reply.Anyone could help??

Thanks&Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adarsh

Can you run a trace on this transaction and check/provide the results?

Cheers

Arun

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun Nair,

Sorry for the late replky.But the error has not occured recently to run the trace.But i dont have clue when that error occurs to run the trace.If at all that error occurs again i will run the trace and provide you information.Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Adarsh