cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open Candidate Profile from a Custom Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

in my requirement i am displaying Candidate information in a ALV, and once User Click on  Candidate id Column system should open Candidate profile .

i am trying to use below method  to open Candidate profile

lo_component = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

call method cl_hrrcf_navigation_ui=>navigate_to_cand_overview

exporting

iv_cand_hrobjectid = ls_it_result-na

io_wd_component    = lo_component.

but when i am trying to open Candidate profile i  am getting below Error

Error message:Exception condition "NO_WDR_COMPONENT" raised.

Please Help

Thanks

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

s0004895470
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Method cl_hrrcf_navigation_ui=>navigate_to_cand_overview uses object based navigation to open the target application.

In order for the object based navigation to work in this case, you will need to call this method from an FPM application or from a POWL application. In other cases, it will not work.

In case you are running your application in the Portal or in the NWBC, make sure that the Candidate Overview is in the navigation path of the role.

Regards,

Luk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luk,

Thanks for your reply, i am running my application on portal , its a referral dashboard where  recruiters can track all candidates , and my requirment is to open candidate profile , when recruiters click on candidate id column, is there any way to get reference of FPM application and use it inside my application.

Thanks

Ashish

s0004895470
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Is there a special reason you are not using a powl application. If I understood correctly, you are using a regular ALV grid for this purpose.

You can package your existing webdynpro component into an OIF FPM application. That way, the method will be able to retrieve a reference to the FPM application object.

I would suggest you create a powl for this type of functionality as the look and feel of the application will be more natural for the recruiters. As an additional plus, you can integrate it in the recruiter dashboard as an additional query.

Regards,

Luk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luck,

i can not integrate in with existing recruiter dashboard as current application has lots of column like payments details and id of candidates if he joins successfully, same view is shared with employees also , is there any other way to open candidate profile.

Thanks

Ashish

s0004895470
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As I explained earlier, you can wrap your component in an FPM application.

Otherwise, you will need to construct the url to the candidate overview page as suggested by

Former Member
0 Kudos

aaaw yeah. In that case, don't be shy with the points please 😉

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what version are you on? do you use the Webdynpro abap for recruiters also (as of EHP4)?

Than you can use following url:

http://sapserver.domain.com:XXXX/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/erc_a_cand_overview?sap-client=XXX&sap-languag...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

i am using EHP5 .

Thanks

ashish