cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+ Rule to write allowed list of characters for a field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How can I write a rule in BRF+ which allows only a given list of characters for a field?

For example,

Field is Name1

Allowed list of characters in Name1 are : a to z, 0 to 9, and some special characters & ' ( ) + , - . / : ; ? @

Here total number of character is 49.

When I use comparison operator "contains only" then it allows only up-to 40 characters in comparison parameter. So please guide me how to create this rule.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati Verma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swati,

I can assume the restriction can dettering the rule to comfigure. where is the rule being configured i.e, as a expression in decision table or as a rule in ruleset. Why not you build three different rules within each ruleset based on category of character I.e. smallcase, largecase as it makes the rule more scalar and scalable categorically.

Ravi

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is a good suggestion.
What may also be an idea is usage of a constant of type text that holds the characters.

Constants, however, are not good when you want to use them within a decision table in combination with excel up-/download. Then, you will only find the constant's ID in the excel sheet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Carsten!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

If you've already raised this issue, I think of a small tweaking for the decision table export process: Adding the expression description during export to Excel (as a comment, without any effect on import) might bring real value.

e.g. 005056B500281EE395BD44D3095C2BC2 (Customer Rank)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls add this to the wish list post. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done.

Answers (0)