cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower-level item can only be changed by configuring higher-level item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a sales order bom for a configurable material (KMAT) that has two components, one of which is also configurable (KMAT). The BOM is correctly exploded when creating the sales order and the top-level material can be configured. When attempting to configure the lower-level material however, the following error message is displayed: "Item 001010 can only be changed by configuring material 123456 (item 001000)". 1010 is my lower-level item and 1000 my higher-level material (that I can successfully configure).

I would like to either configure my lower-level item independently or have the configuration values copied 1:1 using a dependency. When adding the lower-level item manually (including the link to hl-item 1000) I am able to configure both the higher and the lower-level item successfully as required.

Have found the error message online, but not been able to find a solution yet.

Thanks for your help!

KZ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the below link on the low-level configuration.

Have you assigned a configuration profile, dependencies (Procedure) for the low level items ?

Low-Level Configuration - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thanks for your input. We solved this requirement by creating dependencies that result in a 1:1 copy of the configuration characteristics to the lower-level item in the BOM.

KZ

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

K. Zweers,

Thanks for updating group and closing thread.

Just a suggestion, Senthilkumar SD suggested you same solution , and you could have mark his reply helpful or answered.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done, thanks.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

K. Zweers

I would like to either configure my lower-level item independently or have the configuration values copied 1:1 using a dependency. When adding the lower-level item manually (including the link to hl-item 1000) I am able to configure both the higher and the lower-level item successfully as required.

Can you explain some more, the relationship between first level and second level.

Do you mean while configuring first item the second item should be auto picked and added as a second line in sales order with relation to high level item ?

or you are adding second item manualy?

Thanks

Ritesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Sales to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration.  Post all your VC related queries here. 

Coming to your issue, have a look at the following note:-

• Note 524261 - Change of config UPOS + UEPOS cannot be configured II

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G,

Thanks for moving the thread and the note(s). They do seem to apply, however the corrections are over 13 years old and definitely included in our version.