SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference num while posting a docuemnt fpe1

former_member191210
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

This reference number might be an invoice doc number that looks me fine.But in my scenarios it is an text "Corrected bill ".I wanted to know how this text is created.

I never used reference num while posting,but is it same concept like we create CA with reference to another CA ?

Please gives your i/p on that.

Thanks

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FPE1 you say? That text is probably being supplied by a FICA event - check txn FQEVENTS.

cheers

Paul

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FPE1 you say? That text is probably being supplied by a FICA event - check txn FQEVENTS.

cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in FPE1 you can enter the reference number, field XBLNR manually, so you write what you want. If you are on an ISU environment, normally for ISU invoice the reference number is either filled with the print document number or the official document number if this one is active. For SD invoice is the SD invoice number, so it depends on the scenario. For BRIM invoices it's the BRIM invoice number. The reference number is not a reference to another FICA document, but to another type of document that was the origin of this FICA document.

You can also have a FICA event active that is setting the XBLNR automatically when creating a document in FPE1, you can set a break point on FKK_FUNC_MODULE_DETERMINE before posting a document an see all the FICA events that are called during the posting, maybe one has a customer event active that does that.

Adriano.

0 Kudos

Hi Adriano,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually in my scenarios,when we post a document, it is an invoice number ( This invoice has billing documents ) or some time it is text or alphanumeric.So I have questions

1) Why we give this reference num while posting the document,

2) Where we create this reference num,

Thanks & Regards

Amit

0 Kudos

Amit,

as I told you, it depends on the invoice process:

If you are on an ISU environment, normally for ISU invoices the reference number is either filled with the print document number or the official document number if this one is active.

For SD invoices is the SD invoice number.

For BRIM invoices it's the BRIM invoice number.

The reference number is not a reference to another FICA document, but to another type of document that was the origin of this FICA document.

Manual postings in FPE1, the reference number is a free field so users can put whenever they want, unless you have some specific exit to fill it with a different logic.

Adriano.

0 Kudos

Hi Adriano,

So it means this ref num can be entered just only to show the source of document.

It does not pre fill or affect any field on FICA document.

Thanks

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use the reference number, field DFKKOP-XBLNR, for different things like:

- Identify the source documents, origin of the FICA document

- Selection criteria in a payment lot

- Grouping key in clearing rules

- Grouping key in account balance display

So be careful on what you put there, if you use the same reference number in different documents from different contract account you can end up by doing wrong payment assignments for example...

Adriano.

0 Kudos

Hi

The Reference Field (XBLNR) can be utilized as a free text while performing a manual transaction in FPE1.

However for transaction that originates from SD Module, Field XBLNR would be populated with the SD billing document generated from SD Module.

regards

Tshilidzi Mamburu

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Please find your answer as follows-

(a) If we don't give the reference number, then it will be quite hard to establish the link b/w FICA document no. and its corresponding print doc no. (from ISU Billing) or the corresponding SD doc no (from SD).

This reference number is a link so that we can backtrack from where the document has initially originated from.

(b) There are different events for different processes, where the reference number is being updated.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your reply!!

I am in automobile industry and In my case it is text"Corrected prvs bill",so this indicate only the nature of document or some event is triggered in background.

Regards

Amit