cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTO with different rate for based on employee status in pay period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I
am struggling accomplish on of the scenario for the PTO.

If employee went on LOA, we using hourly rate in wage type 0/05 ( 0/05 our custom

wage type rate valuator) to calculate PTO in thepayroll.  In all other cases we are using hourly rate in wage type /001 to
calculate PTO in payroll.  

As I said, I am struck at one scenario where employee should get paid PTO by the  two different
rates in one pay period. 

Here is the example.

For example, employee went on LOA on 07/10/14 and was terminated 07/28/14. In pay period 14 of 2014 this employee have two
status (LOA 07/16 - 07/28 and terminated 07/29 – 07/31). For this scenario PTO should pay with the rate in the payroll as follows.

• In status LOA (07/16 - 07/28) PTO valuation rate should be use from wage type 0/05 ( 0/05 our custom
    wage type rate valuator)  to   calculate amount.

• In termination period (07/29 – 07/31) PTO rate should be use from wage type /001 to Calculate amount.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Couple of questions before I suggest something that may help but I will still try to suggest something here that may give you a help.

Are you have the 2 rates i.e. 2 wage types being entered in IT8 - WT x001 in IT8 for period of 7/16-7/28 and x002 in It8 for period of 7/29-7/31?

If no, then please plan to at least update IT41 with termination date under a separate date type which can be read by rules using operation NUM=FxxT where xx is your date type from IT41 and that date to period end date can be referenced in your custom rule to identify the rate to be used i.e. /001 and for the date prior to this use rate as defaulted to /005.

You can query action reason too for this in your custom rule to identify the rate application instead of going for date type or if you want to use it with date type.

If yes, you can have a different WT entered into IT8 for both the action LOA and termination and then it may be more easy to apply this to calculate the amounts.

Thanks,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Many thanks for your prompt
response.  To answer your question, we have only wage type in IT0008 and
wage type in IT8 carrying valuation rate in wage type /001 in payroll.
Valuation rate in wage type 0/05 we are generating in payroll based on different
calculation. 

As I said,  my main problem is making decision  to use different valuation rate in one
period.  If employee have two status (inactive and withdraw) in one
period, PTO should get paid  in payroll by two different rate.  i.e.
in inactive status I want to use wage type valuation rate in 0/05 and in
withdraw status I want to use wage type valuation rate in /001. 

FYI -  PTO paying via IT0416

Thanks