cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM lines deleted

0 Kudos

While processing an ECO, all lines of a material BOM in a particular plant were deleted. Now there doesn't seem to be anyway to get them back!

If I try to modify it in CS02, it tells me "No items are valid on xx/xx/xxxx." It doesn't matter if I use today's day or an earlier date, it won't allow getting into the BOM. The header apparently still exists or the error would be different.

I found old postings on another board that said a deleted BOM couldn't be reinstated. Is that true? I would think that deleting the BOM lines wouldn't be a terminal situation. My best thought at this point is to try creating it as an alternative BOM, but that hardly seems like the best solution...

Any help is appreciated!

SAP ERP 6.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

Message no 29064 you may try SM30 Table/View V_T160M_CS enter this message as warnning.

In this case workaround would be create new alternative BOM with CS01.

Please refer the OSS note   215970 - Bill of material: Delete dead items there are some report which may help you.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Thanks, Rupesh.

I'll be honest, I don't fully understand the first part of your response, but it did end up helping me. I searched the board for the 29064 message and found the answer. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3451508

And now I feel silly. All I had to do was hit Enter after seeing the message.

I should have known. That's not the first time I've been tripped up by thinking that an error message means I can't go any further.

But I appreciate the help!

Jim

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

BOM error message setting can be done in V_T160M_CS through SM30. I thought you made it as Error.

So I  asked to change to warring.

If it is warning message the press enter again it will work.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (0)