cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC/Lumira integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone here worked on integration btn Lumira and Bpc NW or Ms? Does lumira has

Connectors to EPM like BOBJ dashboard? Please share your experience if you have done so.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Sorry Henry

I don't think I have the rights to move this.

I finally got round to testing this and it does indeed work.  I got the above process to work on Lumira 1.28.  Only exception is that you can connect Lumira directly to BW, so you do not need the IDT connection.  Then on the Create Datasource dialog, just select Download from BW and go to your Info Area.

There are one or two strange things though.  For example, I could only get figures through on the Measures, if I brought in the Account Hierarchy.  So, my PARENTH1.  At this stage I am not sure if all BPC functionality correctly comes through, as you might expect with the Transient query, but O do have some Dimension Formulae and they are correctly presented in Lumira.

I have not tested this extensively, but it definitely works.

Just for clarity, BW7.4 SP 8.

Lumira 1.28

BPC 10.1 Release 810 SP3  (although I guess this would also work on 10.0)

Thanks

Craig

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please could you guys come over to the Lumira space to ask these questions ?

I'd like to seek clarity on these items, but don't have any influence under this discussion space

regards,

H

0 Kudos

Hi David

Did you manage to do this?  I have never tried it, but in theory it should work.

Off the top of my head.

1.  Make your model in BPC  avaliable for external reporting.  Mark "Use as a source of data" in Model config in web admin.  This will create a virtual info provider in the BW backend (with _B suffix).  A Transient query will also be created.  This can be identified in the technical name by a "TQ2" tag in the middle.

2.  The create a BICS connection on the Transient query in IDT.

3.  Install the BW extension in Lumira

4.  Select OLAP connection and select the connection you created in IDT.

I don't have access to Lumira at the moment, but would definitely be interested if you got this to work.

Cheers

Craig