cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Process with Offline Adobe Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to develop the following scenario and I am not sure if it's possible achieve.

Scenario:

1 - This scenario should be started by a webservice that will be created, this webservice have to receive data that will be used in the whole process.

2 - Use the data from the webservice to pre-fill the off-line adobe form and the e-mail of the external destinations.

3 - Send adobe form through e-mail to some external destinations.

4 - Receive response from adobe form through a webservice (instead of e-mail attachment in a dedicated mailbox).

5 - Call some RFC to persist data.

6 - Send e-mail back to the receivers to notify that document has been received.

I have already created the sample Process Development DC, the XSD and the XDP files. I have also put the XSD and XDP files into portal drive. Although the only way I can get it working is through receiving the response from the external destination through an email response. This will send the filled adobe form as an attachment into a dedicated mailbox. But I want to receive the response back via a webservice.

I was going through this slide deck (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a00b0dd5-36c8-2c10-5188-fcb9e5900...) and it states that following features will be implemented with future releases on page 7.

„Offline Form to instantiate a new process – (will be delivered with future releases)

„- Form is published for download or sent to one or several individuals.

„- The form submit calls BPM and triggers a process

„- Form data is exposed to the process context

„- The form could be reused several times

Not sure if these features were ever include in the future release?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ch_loos
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There was an enhancement with NetWeaver 7.3, offline forms can now be managed like regular development artifacts via ECM DCs and do not have to be stored in the portal drive.

This also allows for translation of form templates and reuse.

Besides this, there were no additional features added regarding offline forms in BPM.