cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict WBS Billing Plan to update Revenue Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is to maintain WBS billing plan but the values of WBS billing plan should not update the revenue plan.

To maintain WBS billing plan required configuration has maintained and I am able to maintain billing plan at WBS.

This value of WBS billing plan updates revenue plan and we can see the same values in plan total field in CJ42 which is a standard system behavior.

Please suggest how to restrict WBS billing plan values to update revenue plan.

Yashu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead you should maintain the Billing Plan on the Sales Document.

Why do you need to have a WBS Billing Plan if you are using CJ42?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken:

In this scenario, stock is procured in project and then delivery through CNS0 followed by billing which is with reference to delivery.

Now if I use a billing plan in sales document then item category configuration (Billing Relivence & Billing Plan Type) should be changed accordingly, by doing this billing will be with reference to sales order but in my scenario billing is with reference to delivery.

I am working on one solution. The WBS billing plan updates the revenue plan in CO Version '0'. But If I open CJ42 while selecting some other version let's take version '10' then billing plan values are not updated in this version. Now if I enters some values manually then same values are available in PS reports also if I am selecting the relevant version (10).

Please guide me if I am going in right direction or not.

Yashu.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yashu,

generally all kind of plant store in 0 version which is standard sap provided. but for some other work we required separated version so as you are able to see plan in version 10 it means when you have done any activity whether version was required selected 10 by you.

you using billing order related so system will allow to create deliver by CNS0 transaction.

then modified delivery by VL02n and put quantity what you want to billing.

then create invoice through FV01

i think LP is standard deliver which use for project delivery.

Regards,
Sanjeev

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yashu,

If you are maintaining WBS Billing plan then why you are doing revenue Planing in CJ42, since if you will do the both planning then it will double the Revenue plan.

So better if maintain either Revenue Plan in CJ42 or do WBS billing planing or automaticaly update the revenue plan.

In case you have to maintain the revenue plan in CJ42 then use other version except version "0" .

rgds

rkp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

In this scenario, billing plan is not same as revenue plan and the requirement is to maintain billing plan at project level and revenue plan using CJ42.

So, I am now using different project version (other then '0') for revenue planning.

Yashu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yashu,

Since you wish to have a billing plan maintained at the WBS level, the prerequisites are that the WBS element should be a billing element and a revenue element must also be included for recording revenues from the billing plan as part of the plan profile used. So you cannot maintain a billing plan at the WBS element level if you do not maintain a revenue element.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Regards

Varun Rudrabhatla

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yashu,

i am not sure about your query, you are looking to deactivate automatic revenue planning Please check below

goto OPSB transaction and check whether 'from sales order' or 'from quotation' or 'RElem.f.billing plan' is maintained or not.

if maintained please remove.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

The requirement is to maintain a billing plan at WBS level but this billing plan values should not update plan revenue. Plan revenue to be entered manually using CJ42.

What you are suggesting, will not work out in current scenario because, 'From Sales Order' and 'From Quotation' field already unchecked in OPSB, but if I remove revenue element from 'RElem.f.billing plan' field then system will not allow me to maintain a billing plan at WBS level.

Yashu.