Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EhP implementation - EhP 5 to EhP 7

thomas_lang6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

does anyone know for sure that pure implementing a new EhP does not influence any of the existing standard customizing? How about Z-objects?

Greetings

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
thomas_lang6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

thanks for your Feedback but we are already on SAP ECC 6.05, Enhancement Package 5. Now we want to go to EhP 7. And my general question is if the existing Standard customizing will be affected when implemting EhP 7 without activating any Business Function?

Greetings

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

During the upgrade, SUM tool will stop at  SPDD and SPAU phase. This is the phase where you can save your old SAP standard customization. If you do not do adjustments in this phase the upgrade will deploy and overwrite all the customized objects as per SAP standards. You can export the customized objects in a transport and import later after the upgrade.

Regards,

Prithivi Raj

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the existing Standard customizing will be affected when implemting EhP 7

No it would not be affected during the upgrade from EHP5 to EHP7,but you only need to take care for the standard modifications performed with user access keys.( SPDD & SPAU related activities ).

Hope i understood your query well & correct me if 'm wrong.

Thanks,

thomas_lang6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, Prithivi Raj! We will probably try several approaches.

thomas_lang6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, Gaurav! You understood correctly. We will then monitor closely in any case the SPDD and SPAU aktivities.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Thomas ,

if the existing Standard customizing will be affected when implemting EhP 7  (  will add " directly " ) - No .

Any changes   ( Directly ) will be notified in SPAU and SPDD phases  ( when you upgrade your sandbox )

"Indirectly"  - Yes it can 

Maybe  with the ugrade you may also benefit with some of the customization coming inbuilt   .

Test  the sandbox system ( after upgrade )  for all the core functionalities including your customizations .

Thanks ,

Manu

thomas_lang6
Explorer
0 Kudos

... Thanks Manu, this will help our Approach!

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

If answered,Kindly close the thread .

Regards,

thomas_lang6
Explorer
0 Kudos

... sorry for my stupid question - but where do I close the thread?

Greetings

Thomas

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No worries Thomas,you just need to open your discussion in new tab & here you can marked your thread as answered .

Good luck !!